SOLD 1997 LX450 - Texas (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. LX450
Mileage
Outside Link
https://photos.app.goo.gl/bfuKKdteZhMZZooF6
Bringatrailer auction went live today!!

This LX450 is showroom quality.

I just submitted it to BaT (Bringatrailer.com), but I'm also open to selling it to a MUD member since I have heard it takes BaT a while to process new submissions.

203k miles currently, and sitting in my garage. Asking $32k.
TONS of photos here (around 250 photos): LX450 - https://photos.app.goo.gl/bfuKKdteZhMZZooF6

I have talked to a few of you that are interested over the last 24 hours, and thought a video walk through would help answer a lot of questions. Below is a video walk through I just did. Please let me know if you have any questions, and feel free to call me as well:

Following have been done in the last 2 months by me:
* All 3 belts replaced with OEM toyota belts
* OEM Denso iridium spark plugs
* OEM Toyota distributor cap and rotor
* OEM Toyota spark plug wires and coil wire
* Power antenna
* Trunk hatch gas struts
* Hood gas struts
* OEM Toyota PCV valve
* OEM Toyota valve cover & PCV hoses
* Oil and filter change

Following were done by the previous owner in the last year or so:
* ARB Front bumper
* Black Rhino wheels and CNC machined spacers
* Procomp AT Sport LT285/75/16 tires

Following were done by the previous previous owner here on MUD around 2018-2020:
* Valve cover gasket
* EGR components
* Radiator
* Throttle cable
* Front birfields / knuckles rebuilt and resealed
* PHH - Gates green stripe, with breeze constant torque clamps
* Radiator hoses and breeze constant torque clamps
* Fan clutch
* Exhaust - OEM style
* Full interior carpet replaced
* Full leather replacement along with center console lid and doors
* New hood insulation
* Old Man Emu front and rear coil springs
* OEM Toyota shocks
* EBC brakes
* Full glass and trim out re-paint
* Replaced all side glass (doors)
* Replaced third row sliding glass with new OEM Toyota solid single piece glass
* Pioneer door speakers, retained factory door panels and speaker grills
* Replacement 4" sub in center console

Everything works and functions as it should. No leaks. No rust. No check engine lights. No problems at all. It's about as perfect as an 80 series gets.

I'm located in Round Rock, Texas (just north of Austin). Happy to answer any questions and have you swing by to see it if you're interested.

PXL_20211107_213625289.jpg

PXL_20211107_214754198.jpg
PXL_20211107_214330378.jpg
PXL_20211107_214317745.jpg
PXL_20211107_214155311.jpg
PXL_20211107_214140050.jpg
PXL_20211107_213718046.jpg
PXL_20211107_213653599.jpg
PXL_20211107_213648593.jpg
PXL_20211107_213630694.jpg
PXL_20211107_213625289.jpg

Last edited:
There should be an escrow account with a non refundable deposit for people that back out. Another reason I don’t like BAT.

The bidder should be banned. It’s not like the bidder placed the bid several days before and then had to back out. It was placed right at the end and then backs out. Not really excusable.

The bidder should be banned. It’s not like the bidder placed the bid several days before and then had to back out. It was placed right at the end and then backs out. Not really excusable.
100% agree. Being an adult means taking responsibility for your actions. This is inexcusable, and his backing out right after his high bid is what's wrong with so many people today.

The amount of time and effort that went into the baseline maintenance + making the listing as ridiculously complete as possible was exhausting.

I just want it gone so I can concentrate on other projects. My break even is $27k, happy to sell it to a MUD member if anyone is interested.

Third place bidder went LX570 route instead. Second place bidder, no response yet. And BaT has given zero response.

Someone make me an offer and give this fzj80 a new home. I'm open to anything reasonable.

Last edited:
I feel your pain BT. What a bummer. I just don't get this one at all. The last comparable LX450 that sold on BAT last fall went for mid-$40's, if I remember correctly?

You're truck is green and isn't triple locked like the other one but your truck appears to be in as good, if not better condition then the one I'm thinking of, even though it has a few more miles. I liked the vid you did on the center diff switch mod, btw.

And I recall few, if any, vehicles listed here or on BAT that were as pretty or any better represented than this truck. This listing was as thorough as any I've seen, and I've looked at a pile.

I can always see an online buyer flaking but what surprises me most is that even after relisting it here, it's still not sold. And it can obviously be had now for a hell of a lot less than mid-$40's.

This question is more for the community than for the seller, and I am certainly not looking to beat this listing up, but help me here. Why hasn't someone scooped this up yet?

What am I missing?

Last edited:
You're truck is green and isn't triple locked

^This and the market

I'm actively looking for an 80, been monitoring the market quite a bit and can say that prices vary wildly it seems. As someone who is comparing vehicles daily, this is asking for $32k while another 97 LX just sold and was listed for $28k with less miles, similar condition (in my opinion) and was triple locked. I appreciate all the work that was put into this example but for buyers like myself it's a steep price for all of the extra work I would need to put into it.

The occasional collision of two big egos with a little booze on BAT doesn't necessarily move the entire market a great deal. 28k is still quite good money. In my experience, no matter how great of a steal i get when buying, it always seems the vehicle is never worth what everyone says it is when its time to sell. The market speaks for itself. For the record, I would pay extra for that dark green over the silverish color of mine...but you have to have the right buyer and right seller line up perfectly to get that $$$. I never had or cared for the patience required lol. Best of luck with her regardless. Beautiful rig.

This truck is just incredibly beautiful in person, the amount of work put into it is just astonishing.

Green color is beautiful and for right buyer it’s the color to have.

I have always believed that K292/K294 are mental barriers for many. The moment it’s factory triple locked the perception of value goes high.

Someone is going to get a very good truck for a really good price, considering the baselining and cosmetic restoration.

The new owner came to get this beautiful 80 this morning. Sad to see it go. But also happy that someone nice that seems to love LC's bought her and will enjoy the truck for years to come.

Last update on this thread. For those of you looking to buy an 80 series or sell an 80 series, this may be helpful. I broke down all the numbers in this video. What I spent to purchase the truck. How much I spent on parts for baselining. How much labor was involved. And exactly what it sold for.

I talk a lot on the video, so it's a bit boring to watch. Not entertaining, but full of good information. If you're in the market and this information is relevant to you, it might be useful to watch. Enjoy!

-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom