Builds 1997 Lexus LX450 - Rexus the 500 HP LS SWAPPED LX450 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Don't expect a quick install lol

But its on I just need to go get some longer bolts for the drivers side support mount

1407630163745.jpg

1407630173247.jpg

1407630182731.jpg

The seat brackets from corbeau are Beautiful but need a bit of love from a big hammer

All these wires under the seat and I just needed two for the seat belts lol

1407630374208.jpg

1407630384536.jpg

1407630401058.jpg

1407630411014.jpg

1407630423621.jpg

I thought it was a direct fit? BIG hammer? What the hel....

I thought it was a direct fit? BIG hammer? What the hel....

I think when they burned it all together or warped a bit, a little bit of love to get the bracket to line up is all

Could also be the smallest of a difference between the lx and the fzj

Pulled my front diff today

Going to pull the rear tomorrow, I'll be dropping them off on Monday for regear

The rear is a fun one.

The rear is a fun one.

pfftt it was easy minus how heavy it was

the front was the bitch, I should pulled the sterring apart, but I didnt and I couldnt get the diff off the stupid long studs

gears are in done and just needed to button up the front axle tomorrow and drop in some gear oil than go for a rip..... poor thing has been in a garage since early june.....

great!

took it for a test drive, drove great.... but my new "remand" power steering pump from RockAuto bit the big one.... soooooo its back to the drawing board on that....... but the low end power from the gears felt amazing!!!!

So things left to do until i start looking for more things to do

Power steering pump rebuild (my factory one sitting on the bench)
replace bunked s***ty rockauto pump
break in the gears so I can go wheeling again!

also I have some fairly detailed pictures of the harness I cut off the factory seats so the seat belt light goes away hahahaha

The corbeaus were an amazing choice of seats as well!!! Gave me 3 maybe even 4 inches of extra leg room!!! Ill get some pictures up tomorrow when i get back in the garage

Last edited:
also I bet I won't be having this issue on the Lexus like I am the Jeep.....

How 17's are too fxxxing small is beyond me but whatever Im over it lol

Have you had the truck on the highway with the gears? Is it just screaming at 120?

I am honestly quite unhappy with the driveability of my LX with the current tire/gearing combo (stock gears). Did you think the same prior to re-gear and was it THAT much of a difference after the re-gear? Thanks

Really? I have all stock gears, 315s but I also have an SC. But with this combo it feels perfect. Maybe 4:88s would be perfecter. Dunno.

Have you had the truck on the highway with the gears? Is it just screaming at 120?

I am honestly quite unhappy with the driveability of my LX with the current tire/gearing combo (stock gears). Did you think the same prior to re-gear and was it THAT much of a difference after the re-gear? Thanks

No Highway travel yet, but up to 80 on 37's felt much much much better than stock and 37's..... The thing in town before was a dog now it doesn't feel as much of a dog, but its hard to really compare when the DD is a Diesel and the other vehicle is a turbocharged car.......

What I had issues with was any every hill it would downshift and still not pull up a hill like it should in my opinion hahahaha

As for reasoning for regearing you pretty much hit the nail on the head, I almost found it unbearable above 100..... which all of our highway driving was 100+...... Im not sure if 5.29's are more suitable to the highway though... but Im not sure ill be going down to 35's anytime soon again, currently looking for a more suitable 37 for winter already

I guess I should give a bit of an update.... things have been slow.... first things first......

we bought a house....

uju7epa4.jpg
SO i need to move the garage and vehicle before I get it fixed fixed

Next thing

1414268927884-jpg.957942

recently had it up on a lift to inspect for leaks, not a single drop!!!! Feels really nice knowing I've gotten ahead of the leaks on this bad boy

9445_10152957038502637_1832506375205450936_n.jpg

5.29's and 37's on the highway ive noticed a slight increase in rpm's but the vehicle has enough snap to merge and keep some speed

I also put all the sway bars back on, as I wanted the ability to take a corner above 20 mph hahahaha

havent been getting horribly much wheeling done in the last year as I continued to work on the thing I found more headaches, however it looks like I got them all cleared up except one that im waiting on parts for

If you look at the pdf attachment, I found the previous owner broke part number 16331 the outlet piping from the head to the rad and jb welded it instead of replacing it. So i have that on order from cali right now and ill be up and running this week and possibly wheeling this week. I did however manage to put some miles on her for those interested in rpms while driving with 5.29's
60 mph with 315/75/16 - around 2800-2900 rpm
60 mph with 37/12.5/17 around 2400-2500rpm - averaged 12 mpg for 400 km and around 13 on the way back

And part of the reason things seemingly just stopped for me my wife delivered our first child back on May 14th, so alot of my time went to baby prep

11212650_1051693154858283_5041091308896362938_o.jpg

Attachments

• SideBySide.pdf
    152.1 KB · Views: 171
Just had our first May 22nd..... All the truck stuff seems to have stopped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom