LX450 - LS Swap? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Picked up this LX450 several months ago. Also just picked up this van with an L96 and 6l90. Hope to eventually swap the drivetrain in the van into the LX. Just started driving it and realized how slow and sluggish it is. Figured id start a thread just in case.

Hopefully I'm doing this right.

IMG_6366.jpg

IMG_6367.jpg

IMG_2544.jpg

Even with 35s on stock gears, my LX doesn't feel "sluggish," at least not for a cruiser. What vehicles are you used to driving, for comparison?

Curious if your truck might have an issue somewhere holding it back, if it feels that bad even on small tires.

Last edited:
Read here to see what others have done and possible sources of info.

Don't just throw away the old 1FZ-FE, as others here will want it.

I say DO IT! I love my LM7 powered LX450. These should have come factory with a V8 instead of the underpowered 1FZ FE.

Send it!!!

Even with 35s on stock gears, my LX doesn't feel "sluggish," at least not for a cruiser. What vehicles are you used to driving, for comparison?

Curious if your truck might have an issue somewhere holding it back, if it feels that bad even on small tires.
I mean, my LX450 is sluggish compared to my WRX. The LX is sprightly compared to the 1HZ I drove on holiday in Costa Rica.

Well, already off to a bad start. I came out one morning and it wouldn't start! Got it to start later in the day and only drove about 10 miles before shutting down again.

IMG_8556.jpg

IMG_8556.jpg

My LX450 was sluggish on 35s. Back on 33s, and there is a noticeable difference in handling and acceleration. Both are Toyo Open Country MTs which are typically heavier than other brands. Also had the 35s on Toyota steelies, and the 33s are back on the factory alloys.
If I keep my LX, I will likely do the 5.3 Vortec swap. With an ARB front bumper with winch, Slee rear bumper, dual batteries, and likely a roof rack, drawers, awning, fridge, tent, etc, it will be a real pig with the stk tractor motor.

How far along are you with the cummins swap? Do you have a build thread?
No build thread. Still gathering info and preparing. I have a VE pump 6BT and looking for a NV4500. I have about 10k miles before I start. My LC currently has 290k so it seems prudent to wait for 300,000 to begin.
I have read your thread and your posts are very insightful. Thanks for all you do on here.

No build thread. Still gathering info and preparing. I have a VE pump 6BT and looking for a NV4500. I have about 10k miles before I start. My LC currently has 290k so it seems prudent to wait for 300,000 to begin.
I have read your thread and your posts are very insightful. Thanks for all you do on here.
My pleasure! It’s a build fhewad full of my mishaps and doing things backwards. I’ll be making a post soon on everything I would change or do differently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom