1997 Fuse Question / Insight (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It's a UCB-10 "type I" circuit breaker, auto-resetting. I found it in a Cooper Bussmann catalog hosted on Mouser:

View attachment 3169314
View attachment 3169315

This will definitely help when I go back into the shop, thanks!

I'm half tempted just to buy an entire electrical wiring harness and swap it out. Another member is selling the entire thing with relays and fuseboxes for $350.

BUT, that's a lot of splicing wires and setting...at least, that's what the shop told me when I asked "Would it be easier if we just did...?"

You should consider going to a different auto electrician. If they really didn't have a clue what that was or why it was there, I wouldn't trust them with this job.

You should consider going to a different auto electrician. If they really didn't have a clue what that was or why it was there, I wouldn't trust them with this job.
Ehhhh, they are one of the better Land Cruiser specific shops around my area. It could have been that that specific tech didn't know what it was, but, I gotcha :)

This will definitely help when I go back into the shop, thanks!

I'm half tempted just to buy an entire electrical wiring harness and swap it out. Another member is selling the entire thing with relays and fuseboxes for $350.

BUT, that's a lot of splicing wires and setting...at least, that's what the shop told me when I asked "Would it be easier if we just did...?"
$350 is a deal if the harness is in good shape - I mean, if it hasn't been attacked by some hack trying to piggyback off of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom