1996 LX450 Time Capsule Found! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yea, that one is a BAT dream. Keep it stock and it will only appreciate.

I've got a cup holder I was about to throw on classifieds if your interested send me a PM. It was in the truck for about 4 months before I discovered the witzend ram mount options.
Much appreciated the I have one from the previous owner. Just hasn’t been installed.

A new factory switch is in the clove box. Just not sure where to mount it. Any suggestion?

Mine is where your security device is. The harness might reach down to where the rear heater control is, or maybe move the security thingee down to there.

Mine is where your security device is. The harness might reach down to where the rear heater control is, or maybe move the security thingee down to there.
I was thinking about putting it in one of the blanks in the left of the steering wheel... Kind of a pain but that's the only option or I can start drilling holes and F***k if up :rofl:. I kidd! This one is going to stay as stock as possible. I do have to replace the cats... Actually just going to go catless.

One of those harness should be long enough to relocate next to the rear heater switch. I don't have the factory antenna and don't use the radio, so my cdl took it's place

I was thinking about putting it in one of the blanks in the left of the steering wheel... Kind of a pain but that's the only option or I can start drilling holes and F***k if up :rofl:. I kidd! This one is going to stay as stock as possible. I do have to replace the cats... Actually just going to go catless.
If you choose to add the cdl switch, just buy
1x Scosche TA02RB or Metra 71-1761 and
1x Scosche TA02B or metra 70-1761

This will allow you to build an extension plug and play harness for your cdl switch or relocate your hazard switch. problem solved for 13$

I'd just move the alarm light down. That'll reach without issues, and it doesn't need such a promenant position on the dash. The cdl switch won't be able to reach without extending the harness. Besides, that's the "correct" spot for the cdl switch. Moving it would be blasphemy! ;)

If you choose to add the cdl switch, just buy
1x Scosche TA02RB or Metra 71-1761 and
1x Scosche TA02B or metra 70-1761

This will allow you to build an extension plug and play harness for your cdl switch or relocate your hazard switch. problem solved for 13$
Great intel. Thank you.

IMO, it will smell bad if you don't have cats. I'd spend the money on OEM once and be done with it.

The harness for that switch is right there behind the center. You'll have to find those connectors and create an extension if you want it on the left. Not a bad idea at all, but for the effort it wouldn't be bad down by the heater switch.

A new factory switch is in the clove box. Just not sure where to mount it. Any suggestion?
in the space where the security blinker is now, because that way it hooks ups to the factory harness, move the security blinker down to the blank

the harness will not reach down there

I'd just move the alarm light down. That'll reach without issues, and it doesn't need such a promenant position on the dash. The cdl switch won't be able to reach without extending the harness. Besides, that's the "correct" spot for the cdl switch. Moving it would be blasphemy! ;)
/this\

IMO, it will smell bad if you don't have cats. I'd spend the money on OEM once and be done with it.

The harness for that switch is right there behind the center. You'll have to find those connectors and create an extension if you want it on the left. Not a bad idea at all, but for the effort it wouldn't be bad down by the heater switch.
I am going to try it without cats first. And see. I have had cars that do just find without and other ones who don’t. For some reason turbo cars are the worst without cats.
I’ll check and see if there is a blank by the rear seat heater switch as that is not a bad idea.

Won't the check engine light also be on if you delete the cats? I guess someone could always put them back on later to make it correct.

I am going to try it without cats first. And see. I have had cars that do just find without and other ones who don’t. For some reason turbo cars are the worst without cats.
I’ll check and see if there is a blank by the rear seat heater switch as that is not a bad idea.
Won't the check engine light also be on if you delete the cats? I guess someone could always put them back on later to make it correct.
There is a way to trick the 02 sensor to not get a fault.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom