1996 LX450 Time Capsule Found! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I do have to replace the cats... Actually just going to go catless.

If you are replacing the cats due to a P0420 code, then try the spark plug anti-fouler mod on the rear oxygen sensor first. $8 and a few minutes of your time.

I think it would be a shame to wheel that truck. There are plenty of beat up or well used 80s. That one should be garaged and preserved. Nice buy.

So got the truck back and I have to report no issues with catless. No cell. Car feels strong. Great sound too. Just a little more rumble than stock.

Oh and can someone help me with installing the central locking diff switch? How do I get to the wiring harness or plug?
C7674BEF-A7BE-49A4-B358-10A7AD995F56.jpeg
C7674BEF-A7BE-49A4-B358-10A7AD995F56.jpeg

The harness/plug is already behind the dash, just pull it out and find it.

Your probably going to screw your trim up getting that thing in there. Why add it if leaving the 80 stock? There is really no advantage to it sitting in a garage and it's certainly not something you would have got off the lot installed new in the states.

True. I was actually thinking about it and you are correct. As I said before this rig will never see anything but easy off road. Like a dry dirt road in Texas will be the extreme. I think I’ll keep it stock. Thanks for making me think. You know how it is, if you have a mod on hand...

have to report again. No cell with catless and I can tell a noticeable difference in power. Nothing crazy of course but a nice little bump.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom