part number confirmation for 1996 LX450 front heater core please (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

NeverFinis

SILVER Star
Threads
My LX450 is an early production (1/96) but I think it has the later heater core found in late 96 and 97 FZJ80 productions. edited to add that mine appears to be an early heater core and not part number is 8710760270 and I am thinking all LX450 got the later version.

Mine vs a new one (FOUR SEASONS 92413), but afair, a pre 11/96 heater core. The pipe on the right is way off on the new one, and the left pipe is slightly off and probably doesn't line up with the firewall grommet.

1698773811315.png

Last edited:
I think I have the early version: 8710760130. Picture from PartSouq. Extension Tube: 8724860430

Both appear to be not available.

1698779966668.png

Looks like you need the new style with pipes not connected.

Unfortunately, the pipes are NLA. I have a new '97 heater core stashed away along with just 1 of the 2 pipes. :boohoo:

Off point here, but, can you verify that the aftermarket unit there is aluminum, not just sprayed silver for some reason?

Never mind. Followed your link and it is indeed AL.

Mark...

Looks like you need the new style with pipes not connected.

Unfortunately, the pipes are NLA. I have a new '97 heater core stashed away along with just 1 of the 2 pipes. :boohoo:

Yep, I just ordered the new style without pipes. I just dropped my older one off at a local radiator repair place and he will take a crack at repairing it. If he can't, I will give him the new heater core and see if he can fabricate the correct piping.

My LX450 is an early production (1/96) but I think it has the later heater core found in late 96 and 97 FZJ80 productions. edited to add that mine appears to be an early heater core and not part number is 8710760270 and I am thinking all LX450 got the later version.

Mine vs a new one (FOUR SEASONS 92413), but afair, a pre 11/96 heater core. The pipe on the right is way off on the new one, and the left pipe is slightly off and probably doesn't line up with the firewall grommet.

View attachment 3469538
What is the problem with your original core? leaking? clogged?

Mark...

Yep, I just ordered the new style without pipes. I just dropped my older one off at a local radiator repair place and he will take a crack at repairing it. If he can't, I will give him the new heater core and see if he can fabricate the correct piping.
Makes sense since 8/96 was the switchover to the two pipes separated design. Hope you nail it first try because ain't nobody wishes a redo on this one. Good luck.

Off point here, but, can you verify that the aftermarket unit there is aluminum, not just sprayed silver for some reason?

It is lighter compared to the original and silver inside the tubes.

What is the problem with your original core? leaking? clogged?

I am in the middle of doing an LS Swap and I just pressure tested the new cooling system and discovered that the heater core was leaking from the bottom and wasn't holding pressure.

I asked what the problem with it is, because if it was just clogged, then cleaning it out is rock simple and, done right, 100% efhective. when they are leaking, repair is not a sure thing.

Mark...

I asked what the problem with it is, because if it was just clogged, then cleaning it out is rock simple and, done right, 100% efhective. when they are leaking, repair is not a sure thing.

Mark...

100% agree. I currently have the dash out due to the swap and even with the dash out, it took additional steps to pull the heater core, and certainly don't want to do it again.

I want to get new or as close to new as possible.

100% agree. I currently have the dash out due to the swap and even with the dash out, it took additional steps to pull the heater core, and certainly don't want to do it again.

I want to get new or as close to new as possible.
I think that at the very beginning of the FJ80 assembly line is a heater core on a conveyer belt and they slowly build the rig around it.

Mark...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom