1996 Land Cruiser repower (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

i would expect to see more of these LSx swaps in the future. all the hard work is figured out now!

soon many 80 series owners will realize that these trucks were meant for some good old fashion american v8 power :grinpimp:

my 80 makes me smile every time I pin the throttle to the mat. acceleration is roughly twice as fast as before.

Here's some more photos of the swap! It's almost done.

image-710338724.jpg

image-710864606.jpg

image-4015758309.jpg

image-710338724.jpg

image-710864606.jpg

image-4015758309.jpg

How much splicing is required to get the factory gauges to work?

Looks good, any idea how much lighter it is, and will you have to go to a bigger radiator?

How much splicing is required to get the factory gauges to work?

Looks good, any idea how much lighter it is, and will you have to go to a bigger radiator?

No splicing required to get the gauges going just some addition to adding the Toyota sensors to the motor. Front end will be around 250lbs lighter. Stock radiator was retained, its plenty big enough to cool that v8.

Even the tach?

#250 wow! And good to know about the radiator size.

Tach you need to get a converter from a company called Dakota digital

Looks great! What is the plan for the exhaust?

2.5 y into a single 3 out the back using magna flow cat and stainless muffler. Same I run on my 6.0l lx450.

Is this going to be an emissions legal swap? I still see the factory vapor canister in place. I removed mine and put the PCM there. A gm vapor canister is now mounted in the back with the required vent hoses and harness to actuate the vent valve.

Yes it will. Ended up using a purge valve off an earlier vortec which will connect to the factory canister. I routed mine like this also.

Is anyone making the motor/trans mounts and any other parts for these swaps?

What about the cruise control?

Looks like a quality installation! Looks like it came that way. I bet you can't wait to get in and punch it.
Very nice.

Bart

wow that is one nice install, it looks really good. i dont know if this has been talked about before but can the LSx based engines be mounted to the A442F or the A343 trans?

Wish I could have looked over your shoulder throughout this project. Something I would really like to do someday but I would need some good instructions to guide me. This swap should be published in a swap book. Great work.

I enjoy looking for the right parts to do this with and enjoy the wrenching. But I don't enjoy my ignorance when exploring uncharted territory. Leads to FRUSTRATION and then job STALL. I would really be interested in a recipe for this swap. Specialty parts such as the fasteners wiring and computer, brackets, etc list and even a package of parts that could be grouped together and sold as an everything your going to need package would be worth something to me.

wow that is one nice install, it looks really good. i dont know if this has been talked about before but can the LSx based engines be mounted to the A442F or the A343 trans?

Marks adapters sells a bell housing adapter but in my opinion its not worth it due to the Toyota auto is meant for a 6cyl and has different shift points etc. Better off using the GM automatic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom