Builds 1995 full resto build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ready to drop in tomorrow.

8B3CBD1C-381D-46C8-8FF5-4A81D857B0BF.jpeg
45ED7541-830E-4A2B-9D12-6D811012B31F.jpeg

Cheers

I have had a few questions about why we left the front clip on.

I made that call simply because there was no corrosion that required pulling it and dealing with corrosion. It is factory OEM seam sealer back to 1995 as well as factory panel alignment and if not needed I don't see a reason to crack that seam sealer or spend time realigning the panels. Easy enough to make some longer arms for the rotisserie which grab both the front clip and firewall body mounts so it is well supported. We had a long center section for the rotisserie already for a Troopy project we are doing. With a rustier Cruiser or for example with a front clip swap seen on the Troopy build we certainly would pull the front clip.

Cheers

I have had a few questions about why we left the front clip on.

I made that call simply because there was no corrosion that required pulling it and dealing with corrosion.

Cheers
Question: How would you treat/coat bull bar, swingout and sliders for maximum protection/durability? I banged my swingout shortly after receiving it, and knocked off a paint chip. I need better protection than that. Thanks for any help!

A few more of the rolling chassis.

D92D554D-FB19-4296-8F35-43EFBF2AA5CC.jpeg
959D5BB4-F905-49A8-95CF-B99056BD9703.jpeg
0E1C5B6E-C3FB-475C-8859-6A0270934321.jpeg

Certainly more to do on the chassis but the bulk of the work is done. Tomorrow is a big day for, um, the rest of the Cruiser. 😉🤙

Cheers

Incredible as always Ian!

Did you buy a new factory front axle that comes with the iirc additional gusset plate for greater strength per the 105?

Stating obvious, but there is no rebuild I’ve seen here as thorough as this. 💪🏼

Did you buy a new factory front axle that comes with the iirc additional gusset plate for greater strength per the 105?

Stating obvious, but there is no rebuild I’ve seen here as thorough as this. 💪🏼

No, but Ian and I have been hanging out on the Jeep forums, so we’ve changed plans and going with Rockwells.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom