1993 Rare 1 of 10????????? Is this real? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Anyone else notice all the Random Capitalization he uses? I find that most of ads with that kind of Blatant Disregard for capitalization Rules are written by scammers.

Wow. maybe mine is one of the rare 10 in the US. It did come from California, it has the very rare two tone silver and red color, grey cloth interior, lockers front and rear, but it did not have the CDL until I put it in(maybe I got a better deal:D).
Does it go where most do not go, well the driver does make the difference:steer:(maybe the lift and suspension and other goodies).
Is it rare, yes in many way. No sunroof, cloth interior, two tone exterior, but the lack of locker makes it a little less. I did not look, does it have ABS and a rear full floater?
It sounds like the early 80 series with drum brakes in the rear, so no ABS and No lockers front and rear with this combo. (sounds like the 91-92 combo with center diff lock switch installed from the factory).
So It is truly rare in the sense that (At least in the USA, if the above is correct) that it is a blend between the early 80 series and the later series(1fz trans, 442 trans, rear drum brakes, no viscous coulper in the t-case).
But is it a rally edition, that is a new one. Is it worth 4500. only you or any one that buys it will decide that.
But it is a cool truck in the sense is (my guess) it is a blend between what we have in the state and what the poverty pack is in the other parts of the world (minus the auto trans).
Funny the reactions of some of the guys on the forum.

X2. Until someone can prove for a fact there was no rally edition then well you all may be eating crow. Who is to say the dealer did name it the Rally Edition. How many 80's came into the US with the CDL switch, no sunroof, and that color combo? Not many I bet. And not in 93. As far as the 20 extra HP why not simply send him an e-mail asking for any proof of this. Who knows maybe Toyota actually had this as a special package and it is the magical answer we have all been waiting for to get more HP. Maybe in the process it will shoot rainbows out the tailpipe as well.

I think the 20 extra HP is from the K+N air filter;)

Well the cruiser is in Sugar Land. I wonder if it comes with a package of that special rally sugar.

1 of 10

This rig is Houston Based, back when it was new dealers could not keep them in stock, I knew of several dealerships that 'created" special aditions to help justify the supply and demand mark up. A large number in the GST region did come in with no sunroofs and cloth. The port installed leather in most and some dealers had some outside companies installing sunroofs (with quality standards below the factory setup)

The Rally Edition was designed for Full Time off Road Use where most of the regular landcruiser cant go this thing will go. Its light weight and there is a 20 horsepower difference between this and regular Landcruiser.

LMAO!!!

The guy selling this truck is obviously a tool, but aside from a really gay description of the truck, it's a pretty sweet truck for a decent price. I wish mine didn't have a sunroof or electric seats.

I emailed this guy. Here is his response:

"Jon,

Thanks for the info which I am completely aware of already. Let me guess you just read up on this on google which tells you only about the North American Version. This Rig was imported from a different part of the world to United states and cleared Customs. This rig is also equipped with the bigger Intake and Computer Flash Upgrade exclusively for Middle East Region which includes 20 HP Difference then the version Made from United States. There were only 10 Rally Edition's were made through out the world. This one was Special Ordered and delivered to United States just alone customs were $5600 extra.

We have owned nothing but Landcruiser's all our Life. My Father Currently have the 1994 Blue Marlin Limited Edition ( which was imported from Australia and I am sure you have no clue about that one).

There goes answers to your questions. Also the Truck was sold last night. An actual fanatic who knew all about the Rally Series showed up and knew exactly what it was. May be its time for you to widen your search and learn about the 80 series all around the world. not Just North America

Aaron"

I still need to hear from someone in the middle east about, "This rig is also equipped with the bigger Intake and Computer Flash Upgrade exclusively for Middle East Region which includes 20 HP Difference then the version Made from United States."

AFAIK, this is fluff.
In any case this guy is either lying about being an LC expert or simply lying about his ad. The net result is the same bad smell.

Wow this Seller knows everything!

What a resource he would be!

Let me guess you just read up on this on google which tells you only about the North American Version.

Google only tells you about North America? Dang, I always thought the intarwebz went world wide.

This Rig was imported from a different part of the world to United states and cleared Customs.

Clearing customs when importing into the US isn't a problem. Clearing everything else is. It's virtually impossible to import a non-US spec vehicle without some extremely serious grey areas such as VIN swapping. Looked into it myself a while back when I was considering trying to import a JDM diesel 80.

This rig is also equipped with the bigger Intake and Computer Flash Upgrade exclusively for Middle East Region which includes 20 HP Difference then the version Made from United States. There were only 10 Rally Edition's were made through out the world. This one was Special Ordered and delivered to United States just alone customs were $5600 extra.

Funny how there's no picture of the bigger intake.

We have owned nothing but Landcruiser's all our Life. My Father Currently have the 1994 Blue Marlin Limited Edition ( which was imported from Australia and I am sure you have no clue about that one).

Unlike this "Rally Edition" I've actually heard of the Blue Marlin limited edition, and there are plenty of results on Google about it.

There goes answers to your questions. Also the Truck was sold last night. An actual fanatic who knew all about the Rally Series showed up and knew exactly what it was.

Fanatic = someone who got suckered into believing what stories you spun about the truck.

May be its time for you to widen your search and learn about the 80 series all around the world. not Just North America

Wonder where you should widen your search to. None of the largest search engines in the world turn up anything about a "rally edition"....except for the Craigslist ad and this thread.

I don't know why everybody has to ride on this guy so much.

It's not like he was asking $12k on a 1993 truck with 190k miles. It is a decently equipped 80 with fairly desirable options (more like lack thereof) sans diffs. $4,500 is reasonable asking price for a Texas truck that seem to be in fairly decent shape for what it is.

This thread really should be closed by now.

I don't know why everybody has to ride on this guy so much.

It's not like he was asking $12k on a 1993 truck with 190k miles. It is a decently equipped 80 with fairly desirable options (more like lack thereof) sans diffs. $4,500 is reasonable asking price for a Texas truck that seem to be in fairly decent shape for what it is.

This thread really should be closed by now.

I don't see anywhere that anyone has given him grief about the price. His claims and attitude are another story.

I emailed this guy.

Jon, respond to his email and include a link to this thread. I was going to do this, but the CL post has been removed.

I'd appreciate the seller joining the 'MUD community so we can be more informed about 'Cruisers from around the World.

I don't see anywhere that anyone has given him grief about the price. His claims and attitude are another story.

Honestly, he sounds like a high school kid and going through an arrogant phase.

The description he had in CL is still about 10x better than most of the ones around me even if some of the information is questionable. The pictures were decent too.

Here's a local sample.
'95 Land Cruiser, runs, power everything, AC, gray and one terrible picture. :)

Honestly, he sounds like a high school kid and going through an arrogant phase.

The description he had in CL is still about 10x better than most of the ones around me even if some of the information is questionable. The pictures were decent too.

Here's a local sample.
'95 Land Cruiser, runs, power everything, AC, gray and one terrible picture. :)

Assuming your local sample is both truthful and accurate, I'd rather have that than flat out exaggerations and (dare I say) even lies.

I can always call or e-mail and get more information. If someone's going to give false information in the ad, I can't trust anything that they say, and will be extremely skeptical of the whole deal. I've walked away from "good deals" with similar circumstances in the past. Yeah, it might be a great deal (which this truck appeared to be), but since you can't trust the seller who knows what else they're hiding?

Especially in this case. If it truly is an an import, then it's either a VIN swap or something else that's not exactly legal. There is no way to legally import a vehicle that new unless it's US spec, which according to him it's not (Middle Eastern spec). The government can (and will) take the vehicle away and leave me out the $$$ I pay him if they catch me trying to register a grey/black market vehicle. There can be very large fines attached to that as well. The US government doesn't like people who import grey/black market vehicles, and tend to come down on them when they catch 'em.

Chances of being caught are small, but the danger there is very real.

I'm calling BS. A true mid east spec 80 series would not have a speedo cluster set up in MPH? right?? Last I checked the rest of the world was on the metric system.....

Pete

Jon....I look forward to seeing his response to your email.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom