Builds 1993 PZJ77 - The Evolution Continues (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Upgrades.

921DC5EE-D3A3-4F7C-8F05-8C217401919D.jpeg

So the Planted Troopy brackets appeared to me to be made for bucket seats not a bench. It’s is either that or LHD why they are not a direct bolt in to Tony’s Troopy.

Cheers

@Honger that’s weird. Maybe he got the wrong ones. Planted originally advertised 70 series brackets but they only fit the 75 series (trucks and Troopy). They bolted right into my Troopy and I know that @AndrewHadji just got some Scheelmanns from me and he used Planted as well. The floor pan is different for other 70 series such as this 77. I had someone actually take their truck to Planted for a laser fitting and this is the product. Finally, if you are ordering for Scheelmann seats you have to tell Planted that because their brackets do not come for Scheelmanns and you will have to drill to mount the seats. But if you tell them then they will adjust accordingly. I think @umpqua has Planted brackets in his LHD Troopy.
Yep! Just put those in!

.....and mine is a LHD.

Sorry I was slacking on uploading pics this whole time. Thankfully John was there to keep the pics going! There's some cool ones in my flickr album linked to these. A few of my favorites from this weekend! Had a blast, this truck was a real head turner. The color is just amazing...

Untitled by CA18 Sean, on Flickr

08591ABF-FB4F-48BF-BEF2-F3932CD9E9B3.jpeg

Well, I cannot really say there is much more that needs to be done to the truck (within reason of course). I got the Dometic fridge installed this past week, upgraded the shifter knob and some other trim pieces, and just did a nice deep clean on the truck. This truck rides and drives exceptionally well. The new paint job is fantastic. Plus, all of the weatherstripping was done when the windows were pulled so that’s just an extra nice detail. It’s slow but it will go whenever you point just like a good Land Cruiser should.

I plan to enjoy it for a little bit. But ultimately I’m not going to have room for it. I’ve calculated that I can store about 6 Cruisers without putting them on top of each other in this barn. The math isn’t good for me right now as I have about 3 in excess of that number counting this truck. And I’m not building another barn and there is something therapeutic about letting them go from time to time.

View attachment 2614116

Well, I cannot really say there is much more that needs to be done to the truck (within reason of course). I got the Dometic fridge installed this past week, upgraded the shifter knob and some other trim pieces, and just did a nice deep clean on the truck. This truck rides and drives exceptionally well. The new paint job is fantastic. Plus, all of the weatherstripping was done when the windows were pulled so that’s just an extra nice detail. It’s slow but it will go whenever you point just like a good Land Cruiser should.

I plan to enjoy it for a little bit. But ultimately I’m not going to have room for it. I’ve calculated that I can store about 6 Cruisers without putting them on top of each other in this barn. The math isn’t good for me right now as I have about 3 in excess of that number counting this truck. And I’m not building another barn and there is something therapeutic about letting them go from time to time.
What is this therapeutic feeling you speak of? :) :)

What is this therapeutic feeling you speak of? :) :)
You have to sell a Land Cruiser first to experience it! It just really haves more to do with just moving on. I got word that my latest made it to the port this weekend. Now it’s time to focus on that one and find some space.

You have to sell a Land Cruiser first to experience it! It just really haves more to do with just moving on. I got word that my latest made it to the port this weekend. Now it’s time to focus on that one and find some space.
I'll take your word for it....but I'm not going to sell any :) I'd rather build another warehouse. Lol.

This is one of the nicest 30 year old Cruisers I’ve seen, not just among 70’s either

For sale ad here:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom