Builds 1993 PZJ77 - The Evolution Continues (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@ca18sean making some good progress this morning on the Kaymar bumper.

34E2A6A1-C6DA-4CDA-B9CF-A84CB571BE1C.jpeg
4BA4C547-DFFB-4309-82C2-D2CAABE3113C.jpeg
240AEDB9-B05A-45F4-9E4E-845F35CE1E4E.jpeg

@divemedic Your Kaymar bumper install writeup was helpful, thanks for that! I ended up using John's original 77 mudflaps and trimming the brackets. I also used the small shims to get the bumper straight with the body lines, I know yours you said you didn't have to use them. Other than that it all bolted on beautifully. Wiring harness provided by Kaymar doesn't match up to the existing factory plug so I'm not sure how I want to approach that yet. I'd like to get the right plug for a 77 but I may de-pin the stock plug and go to a 6 pin deutsch connector. Exhaust hits the bracket a little but I think I can move the exhaust hanger over slightly to get it to clear. This truck is coming together so nicely, I love using high quality parts! Door panels and speakers coming soon.

I just tapped the factory harness and used some waterproof plugs. I may go back a redo this when I finally decide to get a camp trailer!

The new Planted brackets are pretty solid. They sit much lower than the brackets we fabbed up. That fact plus the lower profile seats make for a substantially different driving experience. Looking forward to tomorrow.

Now, the lower brackets meant there are a couple bolts that are an absolute b#tch to install. They wanted some feedback so that’s about all I can add. Go support Planted and upgrade your seat brackets.

O
Probably about time you upgraded from that seat mount fab I did.

Cruiser looks rad! 😆

Cheers
So funny story. The new ones are substantially similar to your version. So much so that when I had them all apart on the shop floor I ended up putting yours back on the first time. The new ones maybe sit 1/2” lower. That is very noticeable on the rear interior bolt on each side.

Looks great John. Glad you're getting one out into the wild

O

So funny story. The new ones are substantially similar to your version. So much so that when I had them all apart on the shop floor I ended up putting yours back on the first time. The new ones maybe sit 1/2” lower. That is very noticeable on the rear interior bolt on each side.

So Planted have "fixed" their brackets? There's a better chance that if I grabbed a set they'd fit my Troopy now?

Maybe I'd gotten confused... I know yourself, @c2dfj45, and @TonyP have all had to modify the Planted brackets. Had assumed that meant they generally weren't a spot-on fit in the 75 series trucks. So you used them direct bolt in on your Troopy?

@Honger that’s weird. Maybe he got the wrong ones. Planted originally advertised 70 series brackets but they only fit the 75 series (trucks and Troopy). They bolted right into my Troopy and I know that @AndrewHadji just got some Scheelmanns from me and he used Planted as well. The floor pan is different for other 70 series such as this 77. I had someone actually take their truck to Planted for a laser fitting and this is the product. Finally, if you are ordering for Scheelmann seats you have to tell Planted that because their brackets do not come for Scheelmanns and you will have to drill to mount the seats. But if you tell them then they will adjust accordingly. I think @umpqua has Planted brackets in his LHD Troopy.

I am curious if the planted brackets will magically work for the floor with the suspension base removed. Those seats are killer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom