1992 HZJ-75 Troopy: Going to need a bunch of advice on this build..... (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks, I have looked on the partsouq to get the part numbers. Just out of stock or NA.

Awesome, I will look into those turning lamps.

Thanks
Hello,

Lenses are still available. The rest of the lamp assembly is discontinued in chrome but still available in black.

Part numbers for the front lenses:

81521-60322
81511-60452

I do not have the part number for the rear light.

If you want chrome, you may want to change to post-1999 assemblies.

Juan

Got some panels for the rear from Australian door cards that are pretty nice for now, much better than big holes in the sides until whenever a real buildout can happen. Also got the front part of the vinyl, can't find OEM portions of the next two pieces so most likely that will be some aftermarket stuff which is fine for the back areas if its cheaper. And I also found a company in Japan that does window coverings for the old boat at a decent price so that counts as a win for this thing.

The big issue now is chasing a couple leaks in the rear quarter panels. Its either coming from the rear lights area or somehow through the bolts between the door and the rear frame. Or any other completely annoying location. But those are my uneducated guesses as the water only appears very low in the rear and the location leaves only so many areas that would make sense.

_DSC4606.png
_DSC4634.png
_DSC4559.png

I like the new vinyl. Where did you geht it from? Mine is ripped and teared, too. But I only found aftermarket in Australia, which has been reported here on MUD to be of poor quality..

@Bing173rd awesome Troopy. Do you have a link to the window coverings? They look really nice. I’m just about to make my own but I’m interested in different ones as I may end up going the easy route. 😉

@Bing173rd awesome Troopy. Do you have a link to the window coverings? They look really nice. I’m just about to make my own but I’m interested in different ones as I may end up going the easy route. 😉
I like them, plus I am not talented enough to make my own so they were reasonable priced. They are in Japan so the website will need to be translated with google chrome

That's looking really nice! I really like the door and side panels. What are they made of?
They are a rugged plastic. I kinda wish they were a bit thicker but other than that they are great.

I like the new vinyl. Where did you geht it from? Mine is ripped and teared, too. But I only found aftermarket in Australia, which has been reported here on MUD to be of poor quality..

I found the front in stock on most of the normal sites such as partsouq and mega zip. I ordered mine through www.monotaro.com because in Japan they have free shipping so I get a bit lucky on missing out on those extra costs.

Rookie question time:

What tire and wheel size is best for the old boat? Something useful for both on and off road as well as being a normal tire size so it's not a hunt to find a replacement. If you have any wheel suggestions I am open, I like Analog HD _ Asphalt Black - https://fifteen52.com/collections/cast-wheels/products/analog-hd-asphalt-black?variant=15113773973570 but I am not sold on them. I also liked the basic steel rims for the fj cruiser but they are 17 inch wheels. I was open on just keeping the ones I have now but I can't find a fifth rim.

Finally got around to do the headliner. Put it off for a long time, not as bad as I thought but still an annoying process. I copied c2dfj45's idea with the material. There is still a little room under the bars if I want to run some line vinyl headliner to make it look more OEM but to be honest I am lazy and it looks fine to me.
_DSC4759.png
_DSC4753.png
_DSC4758.png

Interior lights don't work. Neither the dome nor the rear above the barn doors. I have power at the fusebox in the dome fuse area but when I test the portion at the dome light no power. I have no experience in the electrical side, or really any part of this truck but I assume its the wiring in between. Is there any easy fix? Or way to rectify the problem.

Also, on the subject of fuse box and what it controls. What is the door 30 amp related too?
IMG_0531.JPG

Judging by the sidewall height I’d say it’s probably a 17” rim, maybe a FJ Cruiser or Tacoma steel rim?

I would have matched the Toyota upfront in the same color just to be a little extra
I'm a little old school........I like the white Toyota. Of course I would never put a snorkel on that either.......:cheers:

I think so as well, just thought it was the FJ wheels they would be a little wider.
FJ rims are 17x7.5, 4Runner spare rims (2010-2019) same style are 17x7. I'm running 4Runner spare rims and require a 1" spacer to keep from rubbing at full lock. In retrospect I think a 1.25" spacer would be better. 6H9 is probably my favorite Toyota color... maybe one day.

rim shot.jpg

Anyone have an idea what the tire and wheel setup is for this by elite land cruisers? They don't like to share secrets I guess.

Hello,

Chances are they are Hilux wheels, 17x7 if memory serves. You can source them complete with tires in some markets.

Juan

Current issue:

When the engine is hot after driving it will not start up again till after its cooled down. Cold starts are quick and painless, after it sits a while it starts normally. I am guessing there is something up with the injector pump but would love to hear other ideas that are not as costly. Haven't felt any issues when driving, the only issue is after its hot.

Thanks again for the help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom