Builds 1990 FJ62 "weekender" poptop build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Questions getting back to the original cut...

Was it a single layer of steel to cut or was there an outer and inner piece to cut? I think you cut below the rain gutter?

Did you consider trying to use the stock roof as the "lid"?

mark

If I remember correctly, the roof lid and rain gutters separated from the body. I cut above the rain gutter to see in. I had huge rust holes above the rear rain gutters on both sides. The roof section I removed was not long enough. I left the roof section above the front seats.

3” lift arrived 👍
31AD333B-D53B-4693-B24E-6929D16FC0A5.jpeg

I just went back through all this. Had to laugh post #18 you sanded it for paint,
that‘s when you take the windows out! Not before you blow sparks with plasma
nor when you are doing 1000 spot welds. Impressive, glad to see you have it back
on the street. I’ve been going back and forth on cutting my roof since you did this.
But I got a RTT. Which I no longer care for, would much rather stay inside. So
Im back at this again.

Slow progress, better late than never. Just need to seal the top, considering having it vinyl wrapped. I'll post more as things develop.
Wow. Great work. Why did you need to seal the top?

The top Nidacore is fastened to the aluminum frame with screws in case i needed to remove. I hadnt finalized how I wanted to seal. or make permanent.

This project is for sale on Craigslist SF, listed today

The top Nidacore is fastened to the aluminum frame with screws in case i needed to remove. I hadnt finalized how I wanted to seal. or make permanent.

This project is for sale on Craigslist SF, listed today

It’s a nice build. Sad to see you going to the dark side, but I can understand. Wish I’d had
a chance to see it myself. Let’s hope someone on the forum grabs it up. J

NOOOOO.

This was my favorite pipe-dream to one day see in the bay.

man.... I'm sad. Don't do it, homie!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom