Builds 1990 FJ62 "weekender" poptop build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

some skinny bungee cord type of material can be wrapped around/ run from verticle to keep the fabric panels a bit tighter...

Thanks for the encouragement
It got me started.
I made some adjustments to the struts, tightening the fabric. Seamstress will make adjustments to the pattern and hopefully have the sunbrella fabric sewn. I'll take "Lambcrusher's" advice and sew in a slot for the bungee cord.
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1411929788.427685.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1411929857.038766.jpg

Glad to see you are back, this is really looking fantastic! So very well done.

FWIW: Don't know what you are planning for door and bug screen arrangement but based upon several RTT's I've owned including the current Columbus Variant I suggest you do the "screen in a door" style. The main door is the ingress/egress with the middle of this door housing another zippered door with the bug screen permanently mounted. This way getting in/out of the tent doesn't require unzipping the screen door and the main door...

Then its easy to get in/out of the tent using the outer zipped door without repeated zip/unzip of the bug screen portion. One of these days I'm going to tear my Variant's fabric walls apart and remake how I want using a waterproof/breathable stretch fabric with the above door arrangement.

I just bought a Kodiak Flex Bow canvas tent to use apart of a big game hunt base camp and this is the style they use: Just SUPER!

The ultimate rooftop tent! Impressive work and a very cool and unique project.

THREAD RESURRECTION!

I SUMMON THEE @sfcruiser! I'm genuinely interested in this! Please let us know the current status of this build!

This project was placed in a shipping container back in Dec 2016. Not much has changed since the pics were posted. Now that I have some free time. I plan to finish this build. I just ordered a lift kit from Cruiser Outfitters. I'll get some pics of the interior when the lift kit arrives. Any suggestions on bumpers?

This project was placed in a shipping container back in Dec 2016. Not much has changed since the pics were posted. Now that I have some free time. I plan to finish this build. I just ordered a lift kit from Cruiser Outfitters. I'll get some pics of the interior when the lift kit arrives. Any suggestions on bumpers?
Wow! Did the container go anywhere or just sit in storage? I like 4+Bumpers, since I have one. Trail Taylor has them but not sure if he is still doing 60’s. 4x4Labs make a nice bumper too. Look through the Vendors list.
I bet I missed one or two. Glad to see this to conclusion.

. Any suggestions on bumpers?

Welcome back!

I'm running 4plus/MaF, and really like it.

Thought about running an OG ARB for the 60 series for a better winch mount than a Warn HS9500XD, but the main deciding factor was approach angle. The ARB sat out so far that limited my approach, and the 1-2 times a year when I'm REALLY hopping that ditch/log/etc, I love it.
IMG_1693.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom