1987 FJ60 - OME Common Problems - Help Please (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi Folks-

Before I run to far down the rabbit hole w/ spacers and extra springs your thoughts on my problem would be appreciated.

I installed a OME Suspension system this week in my 1987 FJ60 and it has the preverbial drivers side lean and a forward rake, both of which I can not live with.

The springs I installed were

Front - CS004F (2)
Rear- CS004RB (2)

Thank You --

Swap the two front springs left to right. Maybe that will level it out side to side.
New OME springs all have the rear lifted up a bit. Put several sandbags in the back of the vehicle and take it over some big bumps. The springs just need to settle a bit.

If brand new springs leveled the vehicle front to rear, in a year or so you’d have a saggy rear

Do you have a + or - on either spring? (Or A or B?).

Swap the two front springs left to right. Maybe that will level it out side to side.
New OME springs all have the rear lifted up a bit. Put several sandbags in the back of the vehicle and take it over some big bumps. The springs just need to settle a bit.
One of the front springs was labeled with a "+" and one was labled with a "0" we checked the web site and the "+" indicated it was sprung +3mm, and we put that on the drivers side and even with that on the front the drivers side lean is about 1"

You might be right (I hope) as it sits right now w/ 50 miles on the truck it looks like it has a corn cob stuck up its a$$

Mine was a + to driver side, don’t remember I’d pass was 0 or - mine had a really hefty lean to the driver side. That seems to have gone mostly away. Turning one way or the other then parking seems to influence it.
Mine is rear high but I haven’t pulled a leaf yet since I’ll be doing a bumper with cooler and tire carrier. I’ve got 3000 miles on mine and haven’t noticed the rear settling any.

You might be right (I hope) as it sits right now w/ 50 miles on the truck it looks like it has a corn cob stuck up its a$$
So pull a leaf from each of the rear packs. Save them for when the rear is saggy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom