1987 FJ60, N.Va, *Price Reduced* (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

*****SOLD*****

I bought this cruiser for $1200 from a frustrated owner with 181K and a bunch of missing parts from a failed attempt to fix a seized smog pump. The good news was the body was straight and had no rust. Although I really had wanted an FZJ80, I thought it was too good of a deal to pass up. Fast forward two years, another $7000+, and about 10K miles later . . . I still want an FZJ80. I love the looks, but the 4spd, the carb, and manual windows just don't do it for me. All that time and money and I still don't even have a lift, a 5 speed, or show quality paint job. But it does have most of the typical FJ60 upgrades/maintenance. Everything works - even the AC and headlight washers. I have receipts for most of the items I have done, but here are the highlights:

Installed all new OEM radiator hoses, vacuum tubing, waterpump, fan clutch, thermostat, belts, fan, radiator cap, tune up items (tuned up again since).
New exhaust (cat back) with Magnaflow muffler
FJ62 Swaybar
Stainless battery tray (also have a second stainless tray for a dual battery)
VDP Center Console
George's LED domelights
OEM Shocks
OEM Steering Stabilizer
Catalytic Converter
New Carpet over 100+ sq. ft of Damplifier and Heatwave padding
Pioneer Stereo and speakers (also have steering wheel control unit for it)
Urban Landcruiser Battery Cables
IPF H4 Headlights and Bulbs with an upgraded Wiring Harness
31” Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor Tires (including the spare) - less than 5K miles on them

New Tailgate lifts
Rebuilt the knuckles (Cruiser Outfitters kit and Marlin seals)
4runner Calipers
OEM Tie Rods/Ends
Aussie Mirrors
Rebuilt Carb (OEM kit, rebuilt by me)
Replaced Oil Pan Gasket (OEM)
Replaced the EGR downtube gasket (OEM)
Wagongear weatherstripping

MAF Tranny/Xfer case overflow hose
Replaced the aftermarket smog pump with a gutted OEM pump (used)

The body is straight and rust free, but by no means perfect. It looks good from 10 feet away, but has a ding or two (or twenty). Prior to my ownership, there was clearly some bodywork and a cheap paintjob. The interior is in excellent condition. It has the typical small tear on the drivers side seat cushion.

It has an oil leak from the area of the tranny/transfer case. It could be the rear main seal, but the flywheel is dry and I have been unable to pinpoint it (otherwise I would have fixed it). Satellite radio is not included.

Current mileage is 190K and ticking. PM me or e-mail (mdinardo) (*AT*) (lycos.com).
Frontjpg.JPG
passside.JPG
intfrnt.JPG

Last edited:
More pics:
(Note: In the bottom pic, you can see a small rust bubble at the bottom of the vent. You can also see a drip in the paint which is exemplary of the "quality" of the paint job.)
birftire.JPG
cargo.JPG
bubble.JPG

Last edited:
Last one to see the condition of the underside (and the state of the leaf springs):
frame.JPG

Last edited:
would like to have a look... I live in Nova. Please PM w/ contact information

bump to the top for a buddy that's looking. A bit far to drive, but a good match for what he's looking at.

Hey, I looked at this one back when it was all in pieces and getting no love...good to see she's back on the road and looking so clean.

Bump for a fine looking old gal.

Thanks for the bumps and the kinds words.

It just went past 190K and will be going camping this weekend my son and I for his first trip. Hopefully I can get her cleaned up again after that! (I still haven't told him it's for sale)

Bumped for new price

By the way - can we edit the title or can only mods do that?

I'm interested...just trying to figure out how to get it from VA to VT...

Well my reason for lowering the price just got sold ('07 XChallenge). If you're seriously interested, I'll honor the price for a bit more, just keep me posted. But I'm thinking it may be going off the market soon. I know 'Mud is generally populated with folks looking for a deal, but if the market is this soft I'm inclined to keep it rather than taking a bath on it.

Of course, there is a BMW dealer with stores in Upstate NY and in NH who has some leftover XChallenges in stock. It would be quite an adventure to drive the 60 north and return on a new motorcycle. I think there would have to be some sort of celestial alignment for that to happen, however.

It would be quite an adventure to drive the 60 north and return on a new motorcycle. I think there would have to be some sort of celestial alignment for that to happen, however.
You know you want to:D:D

I cant say I'm seriously interested at this point just because of the 11 hours between here and there. Looks like it would be $750 to have it shipped. Theres an FJ62 locally thats supposedly rust free...eh I'd rather have your 60 though.

On to craigslist she goes. I'll try that for a week and see what happens. I can only imagine how many scammers will be e-mailing me :rolleyes:

"No, I won't take a cashiers check for more than the amount and refund you the difference"

"No, craigslist does not have its own transportation company to ship it to your associates in (fill in the country here)"

:bang:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom