SOLD Millbrae, CA: 1987 FJ60 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 60 Series
Mileage
Helping a friend out to sell his recently deceased father's cruiser. I haven't seen the vehicle personally but from talking to my friend it sounds like a great solid rig. This is a single owner cruiser thst has spent its life in northern california. Currently sitting at about 111k miles.

Forgot an important item
Not sure of the market now but $18k should be a good starting point. I sold my 62 a few years ago and seems like the 60 market has softened since then. Open to offers/ input.

Screenshot_20230914-171615.png

Screenshot_20230914-171646.png

Screenshot_20230914-170516.png

Screenshot_20230914-170723.png

Screenshot_20230914-171553.png

Last edited:
Awesome car phone. Great looking rig, good luck.

Just to save or help anyone out there on mud or elsewhere considering buying this one. It is now a bidding thing for the best offer this coming Saturday afternoon and you have to be there in person apparently. Just an fyi.

Thanks for the heads up @Rsampson1959 I didn't think he would take it in that direction. I haven't spoken to him since forwarding everyone's info. I'm reaching out to him tonight. He isn't a cruiser person and I just wanted to see the rig go to a good home.

You’re welcome and I understand. As you know there are other sites for auctions and bidding. Ebay etc.
On a side note I am sure many of us are interested, but to travel or fly there in person to this location and then make an offer/bid is quite a lot of trouble and effort :). I understand he already has 3-5 persons already committed to attending.

I had a good talk with the seller and it doesn't seem like he is trying to get people together and have them bid it out. He is showing the rig to a few local people and will take offers from there. If someone wants to offer more than the $18k (or less) so be it. The cruiser is at his parents place not his and is a drive for him also. He is a good guy and just trying to sell his father's old cruiser. He could probably get more out of it if he did clean it up and post on Ebay or Bring a Trailer but wants to sell locally and be done with it.

Thx for explaining a little more, but selling it locally might have been best with Craigslist or OfferUp rather than a national or worldwide forum with mud.
However - I don’t think the ‘rules’ for getting buyers together to test drive and then offer a $$ number are very clear if you think that one through. I texted with him earlier this evening for a description of the process and the best I could obtain was ‘best offer’ and basically ‘I have a number of people interested that are meeting him Saturday afternoon to test drive it’
So who goes first - first arrival or who responded first to your post - or does it matter? Then you wait until everyone else finishes their test drive?
Do you place your offer in an envelope - he decides then or later? Or is it a public offer with everyone listening in, or some sort of counter offering (bidding!) or silent?
I agree he could possibly do better than $18k with other ways of advertising - but at least the rules are known up front - otherwise the risk, time and cost for anyone not ‘local’ is not clear.
Sorry for the long note - but thought I should pass along my thoughts and correspondence to date.

Hence why I wanted to get it posted here on Mud. There has been some great response and seems like it will go to a good home. My friend has been a bit astounded by the interested and originally couldn't fathom the passion we have towards our rigs. With his work schedule and other life issues selling locally is best for him. I wish I had known to communicate this better to everyone.

Lots of $ in those neighboring cities there, im sure this will be sold very quickly ... unless he opts to "take bids" that day instead.

With his work schedule and other life issues selling locally is best for him. I wish I had known to communicate this better to everyone.
Canada is local, right? :)
Just hand the keys to the transport driver and know it's off to the right home.

Last edited:
That was the perfect rig to have it go to someone here on Mud. Most here won’t pay unreasonable prices. I hope we don’t see that rig for sale here next year for an inflated price. Seems we are seeing more rigs sold that were “ purchased last year from the original owner”. Some justifiably some maybe not so much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom