Builds 1977 FJ40 - USA Spec Restoration - Father & Son Project - AKA "Belle" (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

More pics...

IMG_4814.JPG

IMG_4815.JPG

IMG_4816.JPG

My original fenders are in bad shape and I will be replacing them, but I have kept them around just in case I needed some sheet metal. The came in handy!!! I cut a portion that had a 90 degree bend and made a homemade break and bent another angle and it made a perfect patch panel :)

Screenshot (60).png

Screenshot (61).png

Screenshot (62).png

IMG_4858.JPG

IMG_4859.JPG

I also cleaned up the steering box, drag link, and drive shafts, painted them and installed them.

IMG_4647.JPG

IMG_4648.JPG

IMG_4649.JPG

IMG_4679.JPG

IMG_4680.JPG

It's coming along nicely

Looking good. Keep it up. I like your videos too.
Thanks for the encouragement. We are learning how to work on a 40 and how to make videos :)

I just uploaded that latest video to our YouTube channel. I hope to get the quarter panel installed today and get it to the media blaster this week. :)

Nice job and good working with your son. One thing to keep in mind is that making sure the driveline is in phase since it looked like you separated them.
See the video around 2 minutes.

I ran into this same problem. I had mine hanging in the garage prepping for paint and the drive shafts slid apart:-(. Not sure how they go back together correctly as I didn’t have match marks?

Nice job and good working with your son. One thing to keep in mind is that making sure the driveline is in phase since it looked like you separated them.
See the video around 2 minutes.

Is there a way to know the correct way to line them back up?

I used this for my FJ60 driveshafts:

Attachments

• Driveshaft Alignment.pdf
    125.1 KB · Views: 73
Did it help?
I haven't changed mine yet. It does look like I have them put together incorrectly. I will swap them soon. Thanks again!

I reinstalled the drive shafts correctly according to the Toyota Service Manual. We will have to wait until I drive it to see how they do. Here is the video.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom