1977 FJ40 Red & Black VTV (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello, I am looking to buy a VTV-vacuum transmitting valve that is Toyota part # 90925-01006. I need the red top with black body if anybody is willing to sell theirs or has an alternative that would be great. Mine broke as I was replacing all my vacuum lines.

Me, I would get a small metal tube (perhaps an old ball point pen ink tube) rough up the surface and glue the part back on with the metal tube re-enforcer. I think hdpe glue will work just fine.
Amazon product ASIN B009EU5ZNO

Me, I would get a small metal tube (perhaps an old ball point pen ink tube) rough up the surface and glue the part back on with the metal tube re-enforcer. I think hdpe glue will work just fine.
I will give it a try…what’s the word thing that could happen? I brake it 😅 still gonna look for another one just in case I’m not able to fix it.

I just tried this with a grease needle it fit perfect and I ground down the edges so it wasn’t sharp. I will let you know if it works or not letting it sit for a couple hours.

We will see how it goes
IMG_3730.jpeg

Good plan. It appears that ToyotaMatt had/has the part from that earlier post.
1st start up after VTV fix
When you have the time watch my video, let me know if you think it’s idling fine… it seems pretty smooth I figured if it was still broken it’d be revving high like it had a vacuum leak. I will try and drive it tomorrow or on thanksgiving for an actual test.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom