SOLD 1975 FJ40 factory softtop (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
Mileage
Color
rgb(249, 176, 58)
Do I build this one or sell it to preserve it to its original soft top status.
I plan to build an FJ but not wanting the soft top.
Is this a rare rig? Is it desirable to keep original?
Or do I just build it the way I want to.
Help with direction.
I have another I could build just would need more work. This is a great rig. Does have some rust in a few spots. But body is really straight.
I’m new to the FJ community but appreciate original rigs and would like to see this one built back to its original state and I’m just no looking for that build.
Thanks

D49F62AD-38BC-4FE6-8482-3E364E741705.jpeg

E17FEFB0-9514-4990-ACCB-176D910F647E.jpeg

9A533132-E475-40DE-A6B8-8975EC644138.jpeg

A84429F9-92BD-4220-A3B8-AD3E9356E944.jpeg

Go with whichever one has the LEAST rust... the rest is easy! And then build whatever makes you want to drive it until the wheels fall off.

There's a lot missing, but a good project to start with. Good luck with it either way.

75 is the last year they imported soft tops trucks to the US. Also the first year of the 2F
So if you want an fst with an original 2F, 75 is your only year
I’d call that pretty rare but I’m biased as I have a 75 fst too 🤣

Something else to consider since you’re in CA and for a potential sale to someone in CA is 1975 is the latest model smog exempt cruiser in California.

Something else to consider since you’re in CA and for a potential sale to someone in CA is 1975 is the latest model smog exempt cruiser in California.
Yes for sure.
A real plus here in Ca. Lol.
Do you have any unimogs for sale. In Morley for one.

I don’t unfortunately. I sold both my 404’s and all the NLA NOS parts I had. Reinvested in 45’s.
Good morning.
Ok so you have 45’s??
No way. I’m in the market for one right now.
Anything for sale??
If not no worries. Just little help info about them.
Shoot me a text please.
Jonathon

If you can deal with the rust, I would say take your time and build this rig. If you are worried about spare parts and finding a soft top, you can always order one from UAE or Australia where they still have soft-tops and other parts.

Could you do me a favor? I have never been able to confirm if Toyota changed the soft top doors 9/73 to have the same bend the hard doors do. This would also help who ever ends up restoring the rig to original (which it should be) to be sure and get the correct bows. My newest soft top bows are off my 2/73 FST and are straight. The bend would be where the vinyl side ends and window part begins.

Sell it to me, I promise I will preserve it!

Could you do me a favor? I have never been able to confirm if Toyota changed the soft top doors 9/73 to have the same bend the hard doors do. This would also help who ever ends up restoring the rig to original (which it should be) to be sure and get the correct bows. My newest soft top bows are off my 2/73 FST and are straight. The bend would be where the vinyl side ends and window part begins.
Im trying to understand what you mean. Are you asking if the top half of the doors bend inwards towards the center of the vehicle? I had a 75 FST once and the doors were pretty straight and flat, like these

Im trying to understand what you mean. Are you asking if the top half of the doors bend inwards towards the center of the vehicle? I had a 75 FST once and the doors were pretty straight and flat, like these

The factory hard doors bend in a little where the window opening starts. Most markets the FST came with hard doors on the side. US always had soft doors with the FST. Been some confusion if the late 74/75 soft doors had this bend. A straight edge along the outside would show the bend. Toyota shows a B pillar bow change 9/73. But that is when the Vader light on the dash moved to the B pillar bow and matched the hard top room light. The small bow that crosses the vehicle between the B pillar and back did not change so that would suggest the B pillar bow was still straght as well as the doors.

Price? Did I miss it?
Jonathan is a good dude, I would have no reservations buying from him. I bought a Scout 80 off him sight un-seen from the otherside of the country a bit over a year ago and he kept his word and held the truck until I could get back home and make the trip north to grab it. I may or may not have influenced his recent dive into Landcruisers :)

Jonathan is a good dude, I would have no reservations buying from him. I bought a Scout 80 off him sight un-seen from the otherside of the country a bit over a year ago and he kept his word and held the truck until I could get back home and make the trip north to grab it. I may or may not have influenced his recent dive into Landcruisers :)
Hey man.
What’s happening. Appreciate kind words.
And yes I would have to say ruined me. Lol. In a good way. Loving the FJ’s.
Chat soon.

Hey man.
What’s happening. Appreciate kind words.
And yes I would have to say ruined me. Lol. In a good way. Loving the FJ’s.
Chat soon.
First rule of Cruiser club. Dont call them "FJ"s. Call them 40s or 60s or whatever, or Cruisers, but not "FJ"s. :)

Now, back to the 40. Do you have the seats for it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom