For Sale 1974, Las Vegas, $39,000 (not mine) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

gonzopancho

SILVER Star
Threads

Also posted in the Denver CL, but has a 702 (NV) phone number, and the pics look more Vegas than Denver to me.

some fine looking swine if you like restorations.

Edit: pics are definitely Las Vegas, taken about 2 miles from the house where I grew up.
6DCADD13-71C3-4DA8-B7EE-D68523885BA0.jpeg

456CC138-1FC3-4E52-9450-A1CAD44EFDEB.jpeg

FD48829D-D946-4CBD-BD37-05C686B88D1A.jpeg

767CA7C9-CD1F-4CC8-B392-E0F8B2F6BED2.jpeg

EB388D66-E8C2-4B5A-93BB-DCC9E51A6FE9.jpeg

Last edited:
Yeah, the dash pad is wrong for a 1974. I suspect that it’s the 1969 (same color, very straight) that I found in the backyard at BTB last summer.

maybe they had a 1974 title and frame.

Yeah there is some Janky stuff in there like the Glovebox but I have to say I like the layout of that front seat.

$40k though, I don’t know. “Frame On” restoration. ... there could be a lot going underneath all that beauty.

I like the layout of that front seat.

my 74 had vaguely similar seats until 2012.

and for $40k, you’d think they’d have left the front bumper alone and supplied the license plate lights.

Last edited:
$40 white spokes instead of stock steels?
Carpet kit?
Dirty Auto zone floor mat?
Front bumper jungle-jim contraption?
No effort to replicate or obtain a stock glove box door?
Rusty fan shroud?
Non-detailed engine bay?
Zero pictures of known rust areas?

Kind of dig the match up of the seats and door cards, but I don’t $39,000 dig it.

It has all the telltale signs of the resto done by someone who knows nothing about the 55 or Land Cruisers in general. I know because mine was done the same way. The PO did a slap dash resto that I’m still unf*^king.

> The PO did a slap dash resto that I’m still unf*^king.

I’d “like” this, but I don’t.

Last edited:
The beige is my favorite thing about it. If anyone ever finds out the color code any brand of paint used, I’ll buy them a case of Mother Road Tower Station IPA.

I am not sure, is it Coronado Beige? Toyota Land Cruiser Touchup Paint Codes, Image Galleries, Brochure and TV Commercial Archives

I've always used that site to figure out 55 colors, but despite seeing a few pigs in beige and white, I've never seen it listed as an official 55 color. But I gotta figure someone here knows the answer, right?

I am not sure, is it Coronado Beige? Toyota Land Cruiser Touchup Paint Codes, Image Galleries, Brochure and TV Commercial Archives

I've always used that site to figure out 55 colors, but despite seeing a few pigs in beige and white, I've never seen it listed as an official 55 color. But I gotta figure someone here knows the answer, right?

The 1969 FJ55 in the backyard at BTB is definitely beige, and looked like original paint. For some reason, I only have interior pics.

I thought a '74 had a 3 speed transmission? Something about this "resto" says south of the border to me. Not sure why. Maybe the seat modification and the hand stitching on the dash? Definitely isn't worth $40k.

Like the beige color. The rest is debatable. Definitely done by someone that doesn’t have their finger on the 55 community pulse.

What is the 55 community pulse?
Is that us?
Are we the Pig Illuminati?
What if there is an alternate universe where they are watching what we are doing with Pigs and cringing...

tenor.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom