1974 FJ55 Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Finally was able to get the radiator in! Actually finished it up this morning just in time to drive an hour away for work.

20230207_083058.jpg
20230205_200338.jpg
First run wasn't too well and had to change the bracket to move it away.
20230206_180501.jpg
20230207_083106.jpg

Just some updates on the temps... With it being close to 90° a few times while sitting in traffic I hit around 192° and while moving I'm still hovering around 165°.

This is my NV4500 I picked up. Obtained it as a 2wd but have it at the transmission getting rebuilt into a 4wd and thr top set up to the newer style.
20230309_130316.jpg

For the guys that's made their Fuel Tanks... what dimensions did you use? I'm trying to convince my Brother-in-law (who's a beast of a welder) to build me one. Problem is he lives a solid 12 hours away.

Has any of the AC setups been better or worse for anyone?

I wanted to use the unit I have but time just is not on my side when it comes to the 4bt I wanted to use. And I do not want to go through another Southern Summer without AC.

I hear the Vintage aire is good. I bought a cheap amazon version and its not amazing, but it does take the edge off. I think I suffer more from heat getting in and not leaving and the A/C cant keep up. I plan to do the ceramic film on my windows as I hear it is life changing.

I hear the Vintage aire is good. I bought a cheap amazon version and its not amazing, but it does take the edge off. I think I suffer more from heat getting in and not leaving and the A/C cant keep up. I plan to do the ceramic film on my windows as I hear it is life changing.
One of my major issues is the heat getting in as well. Right now I drive so much a week I seem to always be in and the summer last year sucked.

Oh no! Spring training at the ballpark? Cruisercorps has them. I've also heard that mygrantglass.com may be able to get them. But you need to call them and see if they'll send to a local installer.

Oh no! Spring training at the ballpark? Cruisercorps has them. I've also heard that mygrantglass.com may be able to get them. But you need to call them and see if they'll send to a local installer.
I wish lol It was just some stray rock the size of a gulf ball that did it in. My local guy says they deal with MYGRANT and is just checking time frame now

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom