1973 rear harness (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Attached is a picture of my rear wire harness. I know there is a red with blue and a red wire coming out of the gear shifter to turn on my reverse lights. But why two of each?

59090C12-8B5A-4F0F-86B7-4ABD2E82C829.jpeg

Transfer case 2WD/4WD switch probably for thr other set

FWIW: When I was researching about a '77 rear harness, a MUD member let me borrow his OEM #82420-90318B ('76 - '78 FJ40) rear harness to copy. Two items from that harness:

1. The brake light wire from the main harness connector to rear combination lamps, used two full length white wires.
IMG_7839.jpg

2. The reverse light wires from the transmission to the rear combination lamps, used two full length teal wires.
IMG_7854.jpg

Without knowing the year. My guess is that a LR wire is run to the transmission reverse switch, but, a R was intended in the FSM? However, both my '72 J30 and my 75 H42s have RL wiring on both sides of the switch. Two RL wires for the switch (one going, one from), and a RL wire going your backup lamps.

When I built my rear lamp harness, I routed the transmission switch wire to the path taken by the fuel sender unit and rear-heater sub-loom instead of reaching over from the subloom going along the passenger side frame rail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom