Builds 1972 FJ55 - Hamilton (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Win here is you just cleared up a few square feet of floor space getting that rack on the roof 🤣

Looks great! Your 55 is awesome

Looks great! You still have a tough job before you to change that Oregon plate to Texas.
It's actually already registered and insured. I'm running antique plates. They just haven't shown up yet. I have paper tag in the truck in case I get stopped.

Put the grill on last night while I was cutting parts on the plasma table. I put the original grill that had nice patina somewhere safe so it wouldn't get damaged, and of course I couldn't find it for the last month. I resorted to plan B and used another grill I had. It had been painted black so I blasted it and painted it with pewter that I had on hand. I posted the paint code in another thread, but here it is for anyone who needs it in the future.

View attachment 3364285

View attachment 3364286

Side note, of course I found the original grill right after I wired in the lights :doh:
That is a good looking pewter!

Put the grill on last night while I was cutting parts on the plasma table. I put the original grill that had nice patina somewhere safe so it wouldn't get damaged, and of course I couldn't find it for the last month. I resorted to plan B and used another grill I had. It had been painted black so I blasted it and painted it with pewter that I had on hand. I posted the paint code in another thread, but here it is for anyone who needs it in the future.

View attachment 3364285

View attachment 3364286

Side note, of course I found the original grill right after I wired in the lights :doh:
Did they print you the recipe?

Was the rubber as pricey as you thought it was going to be?

throwing-money-away.gif

Don’t forget about us “hungry for content” guys down here in the sty when you’re putting on those miles.
I also got all the glass ceramic tinted. So there's that. Going to take it for a dyno tune as soon as I find a new shop that can do it.

I also got all the glass ceramic tinted. So there's that. Going to take it for a dyno tune as soon as I find a new shop that can do it.
Darn, wish you lived closer. A buddy owns a shop w/ AWD dyno. He does the diesel emissions testing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom