1966 FJ45V build thread...this may take a while.. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

welded up drivers rear quarter, made new lower skin repair panels for driver and passenger door, fixed bottom of drivers door like new

thev166.jpeg

thev167.jpeg

thev168.jpeg

thev169.jpeg

thev170.jpeg

The lengths you're going to on this are highly commendable.Your metal guy should go into manufacturing some of those panels, I'm sure he'd have a market. There seem to be a lot of V projects that stall because of the cost of the repairs and lack of patch/replacement panels.

The lengths you're going to on this are highly commendable.Your metal guy should go into manufacturing some of those panels, I'm sure he'd have a market. There seem to be a lot of V projects that stall because of the cost of the repairs and lack of patch/replacement panels.
Thanks, yeah, he is very good, and im sure he would make panels if asked. The amount of bodywork is financially difficult but it just has to be done. I don't even want a new shiny paint-job either but it seems like that's the way its going. I'm not sure how to deal with that part as i don't want to have to re-chrome door handles ect. so they don't look old and shabby in contrast to the super shiny paint.

I always think the two tone scheme looks good when its slightly faded, how about a flat paint scheme outside and shiny inside.

I always think the two tone scheme looks good when its slightly faded, how about a flat paint scheme outside and shiny inside.
not a bad idea..if i can ever decide on a paint colour..might even go solid colour?

So when your fab-er runs out of rusty panels, and he needs a vacation in the US, I’ll send along my addy and he can “recoup” in my shop as I have lots of rusty stuff to replace. 😛

Thanks, yes i've thought about that. I think that's why they rusted out in the first place..water storage in the doors...

ok, so here is a pic of the passenger side sill.. (or rocker box i think you guys call them)... it looked pretty solid and i thought with a little bit of welding here and there it would be ok.. i was wrong$.. more pics to follow

thev179.jpg

thev180.jpg

thev181.jpeg

the 6-million-dollar truck can be rebuilt better than before... i think ill call him Steve from now on:) Found a secret stack of Snowy Mountains dirt too..

thev182.jpg

thev183.jpg

thev184.jpg

IMG_3428.JPG

While its not a V, I can feel your pain. This was a relatively rust free troopy, but some previous repairs were pretty bad and it was more economical to go replacement panels.

I thought the floor wasn't too bad..but it turns out it wasn't so good. The upside is; its going to be very nice soon, very soon.

thev193.jpeg

thev194.jpeg

thev195.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom