17" Wheel Recommendations and spacers for 2002 LX470 / 100 series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all, new to the forum. Recently purchased an '02 LX470 and looking to put new wheels on it. I've been doing a ton of research in regards to sizing, etc but it seems as though finding 17" wheels for a 100 seires can be a bit of a challenge (which is the size I'd prefer to get). So far, I've compiled the following information for correct wheel sizing:

17x8" wheel
5x150 PCD
50-60mm offset preferred (60 mm is OEM, I've heard 50 mm works fine in certain cases)

I'm having trouble finding 17" wheel options with the exact specs an LC100 would need to run 17's. In general, I was wondering if anyone could post 17" wheels you're using? and spacers if they had to be used? I believe I have the correct specs needed for the wheels I want, but I'm honestly just having trouble finding the correct size to purchase. Any product recommendations would be much appreciated, thanks!

LX470.JPG

If you’re planning to run taller and wider tires, 25-35mm offset range is going to be better.

If you’re planning to run taller and wider tires, 25-35mm offset range is going to be better.
Good to know, thanks. I'm only planning on going to a 275/70 17 from the stock 275/70 16. I'm trying to keep from cutting anything so was going to avoid 285's. They'll only be about 1" taller.

I almost purchased these... The dimensions are perfect (IMO) except for the bore isn't 110.5mm all the way through. They would have to be machined... and then the center cap would have figured out.... if wanted. You could use spacers but then the offset would not be perfect.

Icon Alloys Vector 5

275/70’s are an uncommon size and therefore have much fewer options and are much more expensive than 285/70’s. 285/70’s fit perfectly as long as you don’t have too much offset, between about +60 and +35 is where you want to be.

275/70’s are an uncommon size and therefore have much fewer options and are much more expensive than 285/70’s. 285/70’s fit perfectly as long as you don’t have too much offset, between about +60 and +35 is where you want to be.
Are you running 285/70 17s on your cruiser? or are they on 16s typically? I'm learning 17s are so hard to find... and I cant afford a custom option, maybe I'll just stick with 16s for now.

What's wrong with the stock rims? Dented? Cracked?

Are you running 285/70 17s on your cruiser? or are they on 16s typically? I'm learning 17s are so hard to find... and I cant afford a custom option, maybe I'll just stick with 16s for now.

Yes I am, 17” Rock Warriors. Factory 17’s are very rare in the states but there’s nothing wrong with 16’s or 18’s, just more tire selection with 17’s.

Yes I am, 17” Rock Warriors. Factory 17’s are very rare in the states but there’s nothing wrong with 16’s or 18’s, just more tire selection with 17’s.
The rock warriors off a Tundra look pretty good, and not that hard to find it seems. Do those have a 50 mm offset? Did you need spacers or wheel adapters for them? Thx!

What's wrong with the stock rims? Dented? Cracked?
Nothing, I plan on keeping them. I like the look of 17's more, and I want to buy LT-rated tires, and would rather have better looking wheels to go with them. The truck's a work in progress. It's in stellar condition for 178K miles. I also feel like 17" wheels would be a better batch for a potential AHC delete/lift in the future.

There are very few of us on 17s, and even fewer on OE 17s. As you say, pretty hard to find for less than $1k. And can be hard to justify when you can easily find an OE set in 16” or 18” for $200, but the tire selection is definitely better especially if you want to go tall/skinny. Plus if you ever see yourself in a 200, 17” is the smallest size they can run.

I’ll post a photo below of my 100 on its OEM 17s with 255/80r17 tires. They are a recent acquisition and I am still looking for center caps — these particular wheels were never offered in the US market.

20896A25-597C-48C5-8EEC-A6C2C6A068AA.jpeg

There are very few of us on 17s, and even fewer on OE 17s. As you say, pretty hard to find for less than $1k. And can be hard to justify when you can easily find an OE set in 16” or 18” for $200, but the tire selection is definitely better especially if you want to go tall/skinny. Plus if you ever see yourself in a 200, 17” is the smallest size they can run.

I’ll post a photo below of my 100 on its OEM 17s with 255/80r17 tires. They are a recent acquisition and I am still looking for center caps — these particular wheels were never offered in the US market.

View attachment 2795651

Where did you source these?

Those are actually 200 series wheels. You can buy the center caps from your local dealer. 4260B-60030

2008 Toyota LandCruiser 200 1

The rock warriors off a Tundra look pretty good, and not that hard to find it seems. Do those have a 50 mm offset? Did you need spacers or wheel adapters for them? Thx!
No idea of the offset, but they fit fine with 285/70s. .25” minimum spacer required on the front only, but flat RW caps won’t fit. Domed TRD caps will. I believe 1” spacer is min. required to allow the flat RW caps to fit on the front.

UPDATE: just read in another post RW wheels have a 50mm offset.

120EE62D-6442-4FCD-8DB2-8C01DB4050A7.jpeg

Reactions: GTV
Hi all, new to the forum. Recently purchased an '02 LX470 and looking to put new wheels on it. I've been doing a ton of research in regards to sizing, etc but it seems as though finding 17" wheels for a 100 seires can be a bit of a challenge (which is the size I'd prefer to get). So far, I've compiled the following information for correct wheel sizing:

17x8" wheel
5x150 PCD
50-60mm offset preferred (60 mm is OEM, I've heard 50 mm works fine in certain cases)

I'm having trouble finding 17" wheel options with the exact specs an LC100 would need to run 17's. In general, I was wondering if anyone could post 17" wheels you're using? and spacers if they had to be used? I believe I have the correct specs needed for the wheels I want, but I'm honestly just having trouble finding the correct size to purchase. Any product recommendations would be much appreciated, thanks!

View attachment 2795494

17 inch wheels and 275/65R17 tyres were standard ex-factory in Australian market on top of line 2006 Toyota LC 100 Land Cruiser Sahara and some other models – wheels interchangeable with 17 inch wheels (different appearance) on early LC200 models. Not difficult to source here, may be hard to find elsewhere, may be importable.

LC100 17inch (2).png

LC100 Tyre Label.jpg

Last edited:
I will be running the stock 200 series 17 inch wheels, to get 5 I sourced them from several wheel restoration vendors. This unfortunately led to them being slightly different in color. Elected to have them redone at a local powder coating shop.
Currently I am running rock warriors with Goodyear Allterrian Adventure Kevlar tires. Was going to switch to 35x12.50/ 17 MTRS
However I drive this thing on highway so much, will just keep running the current ATs
Rims are color matched to sliders, waiting on black lug nuts to install
Pardon the dust in the picture
9B2FC116-EA9E-45E3-8736-09EF2342CFE2.jpeg

Reactions: GTV
I will be running the stock 200 series 17 inch wheels, to get 5 I sourced them from several wheel restoration vendors. This unfortunately led to them being slightly different in color. Elected to have them redone at a local powder coating shop.
Currently I am running rock warriors with Goodyear Allterrian Adventure Kevlar tires. Was going to switch to 35x12.50/ 17 MTRS
However I drive this thing on highway so much, will just keep running the current ATs
Rims are color matched to sliders, waiting on black lug nuts to install
Pardon the dust in the picture
View attachment 2796285
i was thinking of going this route. I'm gonna search far and wide for some OEM 17's from a 200, hopefully i can find some. Any recommendations on sourcing?

i was thinking of going this route. I'm gonna search far and wide for some OEM 17's from a 200, hopefully i can find some. Any recommendations on sourcing?

What I know is

One guy on here found a set on CL complete for less than 200.00

I found mine searching the net , 17 inch 200 series land cruiser wheels. 4261160640, 4261160660 fact check these part numbers lol
I had to make a set of 5 using different vendors.
Paid 99.00 - 170.00 each. (They were slightly different finish, so I had them redone)
I will be into mine about 1300.00 all said and done. Considering I just put rock warriors on 6000 miles ago, it seems crazy. However I strongly dislike , tuner lugs or splined lug nuts.

Will have a nice set of 5 for sale pretty soon.

Last edited:
17x8 et40 are my choice. Fitment is perfect with 295/70/17. No cutting or mods needed at all.

For 275 width you do not need to mod anything regarding tire fitment up to ~33". For a 295 you'd only need, theoretically, a -50mm offset wheel vs factory -60 to clear the same space as oem inside. Anything further from the hub (ie lower et number or more positive offset value) is making it more likely to have contact at the fender liner, fender, washer reservoir, etc... Therefore, the smaller your tire diameter can be for any given level of modification.

Shoot for 40 offset if you ask me.

Braid Winrace S

PXL_20210926_223451653.MP.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom