1157 LED bulb does not work with parking lights (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi Everyone ,
Vehicle in question is a JDM, a 1991 landcruiser prado with Diesel engine.
pics are attached so is the installed filament bulb.
This is what i bought.
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/S25-1157-120...&otn=5&po=LVI&ps=63&clkid=7239606325637932882

the current bulb is a 1157 and works fine in both conditions.

1. The 1157 replacement LED bulb does not work with parking lights when installed ion the vehicle.
When i switch on the parking lights, the bulb does not turn on.
the bulbs light up when i press the brake pedal.

2. i tested the led bulb with a trickle charger and hooking the -ve to the bulb body ground and touching the +ve power to the two connections give different light output as desired.

I am stumped, as to why the bulb would not lightup for parking lights. I tried with the vehicle running as well. No difference.

Thanks everyone, pics attached.

IMG00248-20130425-2048.jpg

IMG00249-20130425-2048.jpg

IMG00250-20130425-2049.jpg

Did you check the parking light with the bulb removed with a test light or volt meter? If you are getting voltage to the bulb socket the problem has to be a bad ground.

did you try inverting the polarity placement of the LED bulb .?

huh? What polarity placement? 1157 bulbs have 2 differently located side pins on the body of the lamp that ensure it is keyed correctly into the socket (for the 2 filaments).

Unless someone has rewired the vehicle, the body of the bulb will be ground.

That takes care of polarity...

cheers,
george.

some of my LED had to be flipped ( inverting polarity ) in order to work .. but got that .. lame contribution from me .. :frown:

Today I used the same bulbs in the front, where they worked fine for both settings.
Looks like either there is a connection problem in the rear light,
Ot there is a voltage drop all the way to the rear socket that doesnot initialive the LEDs.

I will get a couple more better quality and report back in a few weeks.
ebay shipping takes a little while.

Today I used the same bulbs in the front, where they worked fine for both settings.
Looks like either there is a connection problem in the rear light,
Ot there is a voltage drop all the way to the rear socket that doesnot initialive the LEDs.

I will get a couple more better quality and report back in a few weeks.
ebay shipping takes a little while.

If your incandescent bulbs work in the rear socket, then there's plenty of voltage (& current) to run the LEDs. The issue is likely a contact problem, possibly the spring pins in the socket aren't reaching far enough to make good contact. Maybe add a little more solder to the 2 solder contacts on the LED bulb base.

Do you have this problem on both rear sides? Do the incandescent work properly in the rear, both sides?

cheers,
george.

Can i use these bulbs in forklift or not?
Basically these bulbs has highest rate of covering lights in dark lights.

Perhaps add a little more weld to the tow bind contacts on the Led globule base.

depends on level of turn signal fluid, sometimes , gadget override function is backward, requiring spatula diode to be used.

Hi Everyone ,
Vehicle in question is a JDM, a 1991 landcruiser prado with Diesel engine.
pics are attached so is the installed filament bulb.
This is what i bought.
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/S25-1157-1206-22-50-SMD-LED-Car-Tail-Brake-Signal-Light-Lamp-Bulb-Genuine?item=400422384829&cmd=ViewItem&_trksid=p5197.m7&_trkparms=algo=LVI&itu=UCI&otn=5&po=LVI&ps=63&clkid=7239606325637932882

the current bulb is a 1157 and works fine in both conditions.

1. The 1157 replacement LED bulb does not work with parking lights when installed ion the vehicle.
When i switch on the parking lights, the bulb does not turn on.
the bulbs light up when i press the brake pedal.

2. i tested the led bulb with a trickle charger and hooking the -ve to the bulb body ground and touching the +ve power to the two connections give different light output as desired.

I am stumped, as to why the bulb would not lightup for parking lights. I tried with the vehicle running as well. No difference.

Thanks everyone, pics attached.

Did you ever figure out the problem?

I kind of have similar problems on my 93 FZJ80. My 1157 regular dual purpose (parking light and brake light) were working. I put in 1157 led light and now when I turn on my parking light (which works), my brake lights do not work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom