1157 LED bulb does not work with parking lights

Hi Everyone ,
Vehicle in question is a JDM, a 1991 landcruiser prado with Diesel engine.
pics are attached so is the installed filament bulb.
This is what i bought.
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/S25-1157-1206-22-50-SMD-LED-Car-Tail-Brake-Signal-Light-Lamp-Bulb-Genuine?item=400422384829&cmd=ViewItem&_trksid=p5197.m7&_trkparms=algo=LVI&itu=UCI&otn=5&po=LVI&ps=63&clkid=7239606325637932882

the current bulb is a 1157 and works fine in both conditions.

1. The 1157 replacement LED bulb does not work with parking lights when installed ion the vehicle.
When i switch on the parking lights, the bulb does not turn on.
the bulbs light up when i press the brake pedal.

2. i tested the led bulb with a trickle charger and hooking the -ve to the bulb body ground and touching the +ve power to the two connections give different light output as desired.

I am stumped, as to why the bulb would not lightup for parking lights. I tried with the vehicle running as well. No difference.

Thanks everyone, pics attached.

Attachments

Did you check the parking light with the bulb removed with a test light or volt meter? If you are getting voltage to the bulb socket the problem has to be a bad ground.

Tapage

Club 4X4 Panamá
SILVER Star

did you try inverting the polarity placement of the LED bulb .?

george_tlc

did you try inverting the polarity placement of the LED bulb .?
huh? What polarity placement? 1157 bulbs have 2 differently located side pins on the body of the lamp that ensure it is keyed correctly into the socket (for the 2 filaments).

Unless someone has rewired the vehicle, the body of the bulb will be ground.

That takes care of polarity...

cheers,
george.

Tapage

Club 4X4 Panamá
SILVER Star

some of my LED had to be flipped ( inverting polarity ) in order to work .. but got that .. lame contribution from me .. :frown:

JohnVee

SILVER Star
If the parking light function is also the blinker then it won't work without an LED flasher.

--john

Today I used the same bulbs in the front, where they worked fine for both settings.
Looks like either there is a connection problem in the rear light,
Ot there is a voltage drop all the way to the rear socket that doesnot initialive the LEDs.

I will get a couple more better quality and report back in a few weeks.
ebay shipping takes a little while.

george_tlc

Today I used the same bulbs in the front, where they worked fine for both settings.
Looks like either there is a connection problem in the rear light,
Ot there is a voltage drop all the way to the rear socket that doesnot initialive the LEDs.

I will get a couple more better quality and report back in a few weeks.
ebay shipping takes a little while.
If your incandescent bulbs work in the rear socket, then there's plenty of voltage (& current) to run the LEDs. The issue is likely a contact problem, possibly the spring pins in the socket aren't reaching far enough to make good contact. Maybe add a little more solder to the 2 solder contacts on the LED bulb base.

Do you have this problem on both rear sides? Do the incandescent work properly in the rear, both sides?

cheers,
george.

Can i use these bulbs in forklift or not?
Basically these bulbs has highest rate of covering lights in dark lights.

Perhaps add a little more weld to the tow bind contacts on the Led globule base.
depends on level of turn signal fluid, sometimes , gadget override function is backward, requiring spatula diode to be used.

Hi Everyone ,
Vehicle in question is a JDM, a 1991 landcruiser prado with Diesel engine.
pics are attached so is the installed filament bulb.
This is what i bought.
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/S25-1157-1206-22-50-SMD-LED-Car-Tail-Brake-Signal-Light-Lamp-Bulb-Genuine?item=400422384829&cmd=ViewItem&_trksid=p5197.m7&_trkparms=algo=LVI&itu=UCI&otn=5&po=LVI&ps=63&clkid=7239606325637932882

the current bulb is a 1157 and works fine in both conditions.

1. The 1157 replacement LED bulb does not work with parking lights when installed ion the vehicle.
When i switch on the parking lights, the bulb does not turn on.
the bulbs light up when i press the brake pedal.

2. i tested the led bulb with a trickle charger and hooking the -ve to the bulb body ground and touching the +ve power to the two connections give different light output as desired.

I am stumped, as to why the bulb would not lightup for parking lights. I tried with the vehicle running as well. No difference.

Thanks everyone, pics attached.
Did you ever figure out the problem?

I kind of have similar problems on my 93 FZJ80. My 1157 regular dual purpose (parking light and brake light) were working. I put in 1157 led light and now when I turn on my parking light (which works), my brake lights do not work.

Top Bottom