100 series master key thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

2006 LC fob program. I tried EVERY dang sequence but this was the only one that worked for me. This is only for the door unlock not to start the vehicle.

Program Remote: FSM sequence I – (2003+)
Start with the key out of the ignition, drivers door is open all others closed and drivers door is unlocked.

Within 5 seconds;

1. Insert the key into the ignition(Do NOT Turn)
  2. Pull key out.
  3. Insert the key into the ignition(Do NOT Turn)
  4. Pull key out.
Within 40 seconds;

1. Close then open the drivers door.
  2. Close then open the drivers door.
  3. Insert the key into the ignition(Do NOT Turn)
  4. Pull key out.
Within 40 seconds;

1. Close then open the drivers door.
  2. Close then open the drivers door.
  3. Insert the key into ignition and leave it in ignition.
  4. Close the drivers door.
  5. Turn the ignition to ON (Do NOT Start) then back to OFF.
  6. Remove the key from the ignition.
Within 3 seconds of completing the steps above the power door locks should lock then unlock automatically. This indicates successful entry into programming mode. Return to step 1 above if the locks do not cycle.

To accept a remote transmitter perform these steps within 40 seconds.

1. Press the lock and unlock buttons on the remote simultaneously for 1.5 seconds.
  2. Immediately after letting go of the lock and unlock buttons, Press the lock button by itself and hold for 2 seconds.
Within 3 seconds, the door locks should lock and then unlock once indicating successful programming. If the door locks cycle twice, repeat steps 1 and 2 as the remote was not accepted.

Needing some help programming new fobs for my 2003 LC. I have the master KEY but the fob portion was busted off by PO so it’s just the key part. Below is the key/fob that I ordered from Amazon. Plan was to program the fob and then use the Yota MD kit to combine the fob portion with my busted key.

I go through the Simon says sequence and the door locks cycle. BUT, when I hold down lock/unlock for 1.5 seconds and then lock only, nothing happens. Any ideas?

Car Key Fob Keyless Entry Remote fits Toyota 2008-2009 FJ Cruiser, 2003-2007 Land Cruiser (HYQ1512V) https://a.co/d/0h7u8ui

Needing some help programming new fobs for my 2003 LC. I have the master KEY but the fob portion was busted off by PO so it’s just the key part. Below is the key/fob that I ordered from Amazon. Plan was to program the fob and then use the Yota MD kit to combine the fob portion with my busted key.

I go through the Simon says sequence and the door locks cycle. BUT, when I hold down lock/unlock for 1.5 seconds and then lock only, nothing happens. Any ideas?

Car Key Fob Keyless Entry Remote fits Toyota 2008-2009 FJ Cruiser, 2003-2007 Land Cruiser (HYQ1512V) https://a.co/d/0h7u8ui
I thought that the master had to do with the fob, not the keyway which is why the ecu needs the matching key fob. @Mauser?

I was worried that may be the case. Give it's an '03 I should be able to purchase a Techstream and program them that way, right?
Not sure. My ecu went bad and the donor came with a master key. I was able to program all the keys I had (including my old master) using the key that came with that ECU. (2000 truck)
I have never used Techstream so I can not speak on its capabilities.

Thought that, but I see the little red LED flash. I was curious if there's any way in which it could be programmed to do one, but not the other.

I will probably replace the battery as it has pretty crummy range to begin with, see if that helps.

There are a lot of posts about this. I am going to try to make one thread with all needed key information I can think of. I am not much of a writer so I will try to explain the best I can.

Our 100 series Land Cruisers and Lexus Lx470s all have an ignition immobilizer. What this system does is cut off spark and fuel to the engine unless the correct key is used to start the engine.

There are 2 different kinds of keys, a master and a sub (valet) key. To add new key codes into the ecu a master key is required to allow the ecu to enter programming mode.

If all keys are lost the ecu will need to be reset.

The best way to tell if your key is a master is to watch the security light while you insert the key into the ignition switch. If the light goes out as soon as the key is inserted you have a master, if it stays lit for a second or two your key is a sub.

I think it is ok to advertise my services here. If not someone please let me know.

Here is my little ad for flashing services:

I understand that you may have already addressed this question, but I kindly request your patience. I'm curious about the whereabouts of the elusive security light. During my visit to my "100," I attempted to identify the type of key I possess (only one complete (no buttons/aftermarket (I also have a partial key/fob only that works to lock and unlock). Unfortunately, I was unable to locate any security lights. Even a brief search on Google did not provide any helpful leads. The vehicle in question is a 2001 LX. Thank you for your assistance.

I understand that you may have already addressed this question, but I kindly request your patience. I'm curious about the whereabouts of the elusive security light. During my visit to my "100," I attempted to identify the type of key I possess (only one complete (no buttons/aftermarket (I also have a partial key/fob only that works to lock and unlock). Unfortunately, I was unable to locate any security lights. Even a brief search on Google did not provide any helpful leads. The vehicle in question is a 2001 LX. Thank you for your assistance.
Middle of the dash just below the radio.

Middle of the dash just below the radio.

IMG_5407.jpeg

IMG_5406.jpeg

I just got this one and it is my first 100. It’s going to be a learning process. Not sure what trim level but it seems pretty bare by Lexus standards.

So, 1010 Keys on ebay has a reliable track record for replacement fob keys?

Cutting of the keys, yes.
Immobilizer chip, yes.
But be cognizant of the frequency that comes with the fob (unlocking, etc.) Look at the thread to determine the proper frequency for your car & verify the fob is the same. This is for any vendor.

Thanks Sam!

These ones worked for me. I used techstream to configure. It was not that difficult. 2004 LC

IMG_2497.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom