100 series master key thread (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I am going to shamelessly bump this thread just because every time it comes up I get more business.

New deal for flashing and swaps!

Will flash for food.

Get your ecu flashed and help people in your own community!

Have a great day!

Last edited:
ive read all 7 pages twice, trying to wrap my head around what i can do. I do NOT have the title yet. I have obtained the car from a family friend after a passing and right now its a bit of a chore to get the 80 year old dad to DMV.... as id be happy to just pay lexus to get this behind me......

2000 LX, i have 1 Master Key. In a YotaMD housing.
I need a spare master, and then a spare valet
i have techstream, but not clear in thread if 2000 LX i can use techstream to add "and" delete or just one or the other

Anyone care to clarify for 2000 LX (04/2000):
1. What Blank Fob/Key to buy and get cut local for Master?
2. What Blank Fob/Key to buy and get cut local for Valet?
3. Am I reading right any locksmith can cut? (not necessarily hardware store/Ace-even lexus will cut??)
4. Can techstream add and delete the keys for year 2000? (in essence if i order and get cut, i can take care of rest with techstream)

Thanks

There are a lot of posts about this. I am going to try to make one thread with all needed key information I can think of. I am not much of a writer so I will try to explain the best I can.

Our 100 series Land Cruisers and Lexus Lx470s all have an ignition immobilizer. What this system does is cut off spark and fuel to the engine unless the correct key is used to start the engine.

There are 2 different kinds of keys, a master and a sub (valet) key. To add new key codes into the ecu a master key is required to allow the ecu to enter programming mode.

If all keys are lost the ecu will need to be reset.

The best way to tell if your key is a master is to watch the security light while you insert the key into the ignition switch. If the light goes out as soon as the key is inserted you have a master, if it stays lit for a second or two your key is a sub.

I think it is ok to advertise my services here. If not someone please let me know.

Here is my little ad for flashing services:

I think Toyota can also order one based on your VIN.

ive read all 7 pages twice, trying to wrap my head around what i can do. I do NOT have the title yet. I have obtained the car from a family friend after a passing and right now its a bit of a chore to get the 80 year old dad to DMV.... as id be happy to just pay lexus to get this behind me......

2000 LX, i have 1 Master Key. In a YotaMD housing.
I need a spare master, and then a spare valet
i have techstream, but not clear in thread if 2000 LX i can use techstream to add "and" delete or just one or the other

Anyone care to clarify for 2000 LX (04/2000):
1. What Blank Fob/Key to buy and get cut local for Master?
2. What Blank Fob/Key to buy and get cut local for Valet?
3. Am I reading right any locksmith can cut? (not necessarily hardware store/Ace-even lexus will cut??)
4. Can techstream add and delete the keys for year 2000? (in essence if i order and get cut, i can take care of rest with techstream)

Thanks

Master key:
KeylessOption Keyless Entry Remote Car Ignition Key Fob Long Blade for 1998-2000 Lexus LX470 HYQ1512V https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01B1Y8HZS/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_i_g.WJEb4BCW31Y

Valet:
KeylessOption Keyless Entry Remote Car Ignition Key Fob Long Blade for 1998-2000 Lexus LX470 HYQ1512V https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01B1Y8HZS/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_i_g.WJEb4BCW31Y

Most locksmiths can cut these keys

Since you have a master Techstream makes it easy to add new keys.

So, I’ve read through multiple threads and have yet to figure out what I’m doing wrong. I have a 2000 LC, I bought it with only a valet key. I do plan to get a new ECU from @Mauser soon. I bought a fob key from Toyota, part number:89070-60090 with FCC ID: HYQ1512V with plans to have it cut as a master using my VIN. Before I do, I wanted to program the Fob to lock and unlock the doors. I’ve done the process time and time again, the system does go into programming mode as the door locks cycle after the final step. I press the lock and unlock button simultaneously and then the lock button as the instructions state but no locks cycle and no programming occurs. Forgive my ignorance, but does the key have to be programmed for the ECU before I can program the fob for the door locks or can it just be a blank non-programmed key like I have. I have checked the fuses and all of mine are intact as well as the dome light works. The receiver/antenna for the key fob is plugged in correctly under the dash above the fuse box. Could I get some guidance on where I’m going wrong or where my ignorance has led me astray.

So, I’ve read through multiple threads and have yet to figure out what I’m doing wrong. I have a 2000 LC, I bought it with only a valet key. I do plan to get a new ECU from @Mauser soon. I bought a fob key from Toyota, part number:89070-60090 with FCC ID: HYQ1512V with plans to have it cut as a master using my VIN. Before I do, I wanted to program the Fob to lock and unlock the doors. I’ve done the process time and time again, the system does go into programming mode as the door locks cycle after the final step. I press the lock and unlock button simultaneously and then the lock button as the instructions state but no locks cycle and no programming occurs. Forgive my ignorance, but does the key have to be programmed for the ECU before I can program the fob for the door locks or can it just be a blank non-programmed key like I have. I have checked the fuses and all of mine are intact as well as the dome light works. The receiver/antenna for the key fob is plugged in correctly under the dash above the fuse box. Could I get some guidance on where I’m going wrong or where my ignorance has led me astray.
How many times are you cycling the key on/off?

I’ve done it once like I’ve seen in one video, and I’ve done it twice. I believe doing it twice deletes existing fobs correct?

I'm having the same problems -- vehicle enters programming mode, but holding lock/unlock doesn't seem to work. Did you end up figuring this out?

My keys are programmed to the transponder as masters and the vehicle starts with them.

I'm having the same problems -- vehicle enters programming mode, but holding lock/unlock doesn't seem to work. Did you end up figuring this out?

My keys are programmed to the transponder as masters and the vehicle starts with them.
Same exact problem on my end. I think it has to do of having the wrong FOB frequency. I can re-program my original key, so I know the programing sequence is working just can't get my other keys to program.

I'm willing to trade FOBs with someone that has a earlier model. We can remove the transponder chip & exchange the FOB's hoping we have each other's frequency.

I haven’t unfortunately. I’m confused as to how it could be the wrong frequency but I suppose it’s possibly mislabeled or just inoperable. I’ll try again tomorrow while I’m off work. I was worried that it had to do with the key not being programmed to start the vehicle but that should have nothing to do with the keyless entry system

I had my blonde moment this month...
I received my keys from 1010keys and ebay and had no issue programming the immobilizer chips.
I attempted to program the fobs a dozen times and continuously failed. I kept coming back here to look for a process that would work.
It came down to the erasing of all fobs and programming. My orginal key programmed no problem. New keys failed. Then I noticed that the unlock button was also labeled panic. Once I pressed the unlock/panic and lock then the lock fobs all programmed.
I was able to disassemble the remote before installing in other YotaMD shell to swap the panic/unlock buttons.
20210318_165722.jpg

Last edited:

I am also having this exact problem. 1999 TLC.

I don't have my original master, my wife lost it!

I purchased 2 new keys with buttons, from carandtruckremotes.com. I had these new keys cut and programed them, with the pedal dance method. They both work to turn the vehicle on and off and they turn off the security light.

Over the past two days I've tried many times to get the key FOBs to communicate with the vehicle once I've activated the FOB program mode. I can get the vehicle in program mode, but nothing happens when I hold down the buttons.

I ran this problem by @Mauser and he referred me to post #135 on this thread. My buttons appear to oriented properly. The keys light up. Not sure if it's batteries in the keys or if the FOBs are duds?

Should I order new inside components from a different vendor?

Any advice would be helpful!

I am also having this exact problem. 1999 TLC.

I don't have my original master, my wife lost it!

I purchased 2 new keys with buttons, from carandtruckremotes.com. I had these new keys cut and programed them, with the pedal dance method. They both work to turn the vehicle on and off and they turn off the security light.

Over the past two days I've tried many times to get the key FOBs to communicate with the vehicle once I've activated the FOB program mode. I can get the vehicle in program mode, but nothing happens when I hold down the buttons.

I ran this problem by @Mauser and he referred me to post #135 on this thread. My buttons appear to oriented properly. The keys light up. Not sure if it's batteries in the keys or if the FOBs are duds?

Should I order new inside components from a different vendor?

Any advice would be helpful!
So I have the same problem as you. I think we both have the wrong frequency for our vehicles. What year/make is you truck.
FYI is a good idea to put the Year/Make in your signature line so people don't have to ask when answering ?'s

Well if you are interested in shipping each others Key Fob's to each other after extracting the Immobilizer Chip. I'm willing to try to see if we have each others correct frequency. I think they were only two frequency's so it should work.

Unfortunately my buttons are in the correct order, just no response from remote once the vehicle goes into programming mode. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom