100 series cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The button that swaps air from fresh to recirculation does not work. Is it something that is easy to fix or is it costly electrical problem? It is currently stuck on fresh so air con works not as well on hot days.

If yours is like my '99, I have to press and hold that button for a few seconds then release. Don't know if that's by design or just a worn button :confused:

The light on the recirc side does not come on. Tried holding it in, no go. ???

Matticus this the first time I have put something on here. I only joined 5 minutes before posting. Haven't a clue how I'm surposed to be posting

Last edited by a moderator:
The light on the recirc side does not come on. Tried holding it in, no go. ???

Matticus this the first time I have put something on here. I only joined 5 minutes before posting. Haven't a clue how I'm surposed to be posting

Again, Welcome!
What he is referring to is that it's more helpful if you put in a subject for your post that is specific to the problem at hand so that people who are likely to help can find it easily, rather than something very generic. Here that would be something like "Recirculation button appears to be dead. How to check?" or something like that. And in your post you put in as much info as possible about the truck, what you observed, what you did, etc.

(you may also want to read the intro post and look at the FAQ up top)

If all the other controls are functioning then it's not a fuse. Likewise it's not a connection on the back unless the wire loom has a broken wire. That's possible of course but very unlikely.

The most likely candidate is that the button itself has a damaged contact. This is a typical electronic circuit board contact with the button putting pressure on a rubberized contact to a pad on the board.

You will need to remove the center stack bezel and disconnect the 4 harnesses from the HVAC controller. Inspect the wire harness connectors for damage and broken wires. If I remember correctly pin 10 on the black 16 pin connector handles the recirc. If all that looks good....

Remove the HVAC controller from the bezel. Disassemble the controller and confirm the contact point behind the recirc button is intact. If it is, clean the board and contacts and reassemble. That will probably take carre of it.

I know, different vehicle, different issue, but on my daughters 1sg gen 4Runner, the switch for the tailgate window lift didn't work when she bought it. I pull the switch and reconnected the wires and Waa-Laaa! Never had a problem since.
Moral to the story, try pulling the switch and see if there are any lose ends, if so resolder them and call it done!

Oh... By the way, WELCOME!

r2m said:
I know, different vehicle, different issue, but on my daughters 1sg gen 4Runner, the switch for the tailgate window lift didn't work when she bought it. I pull the switch and reconnected the wires and Waa-Laaa! Never had a problem since.
Moral to the story, try pulling the switch and see if there are any lose ends, if so resolder them and call it done!

Oh... By the way, WELCOME!
There is no pulling the switch. It's part of the HVAC amplifier.

Sent from my iPad 2 using IH8MUD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom