100 ifs "touring turtle" project build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

We have also installed a fold out screen/tv/dvd player/am-fm radio, with DIN UHF but yet to install the camera for reversing as yet, until it had the rear fitted, but the screen auto opens when you select reverse.

trekozcentredashclosed.jpg

and open

trekozcentreconsoleopened.jpg

to this truck, to go with the 35' tyres, we have fitted slotted rotors all round, and Bendix titanium pads. We find these pads to work well round town, and cold, with minimum pedal effort, and they are gentle on the rotors. For constant heavy trucks we sometimes go to the Bendix Heavy Duty, but they do need some temp in them to be effective.

trekozfrontrotorsslotted.jpg

That thing is freagin sweet!!!

i love it im building a 91 flat bed pickup/hilux
and i think a 100 is a killer doner. HELL YES:bounce:

Good professionals name their alliances

I like to give credit where it is due but it's :censor:

Last edited:
Well Alan did some cutting and welding, and upolsterers, and panel shops were used to do some interior parts, and lay on paint, and we made some changes to his basic concept, and had to send the truck back for more panel work when it wasnt up to scratch, and have made more changes since as well, like chnaging the windows to fix the metal inclusions from not being covered while said welding was going on, all as part of what we do, like having shock people make shocks, spring people make springs, wheel people make wheels etc etc, as part of managing the proccess for the customer from standard to touring turtle completion.

A concept some dont get it, if your dear, you have to be good, and western suburbs attitudes dont seem to get the desired concept over the line very well........

:doh:

Last edited:
I think Darren, readers don't understand that Project Management in industrial and now into automotive areas is Alan's specialty. You engaged Alan Grierson as your project manager.

This is where, as a third party, you are much mistaken, he was employed as a contractor, with us managing the complete vehicle construction, which has currently entered the 3rd phase of its operation.

Lucky we have been monitoring it closely, so the issues created duing that part of the project could be ironed out properly, when we wouldnt accept them, including replaing all the windows except the rear because of the welding inclusion melted into the glass [which Alan has agrred to pay for]

Things still requiring attention are the tray mounts which contact the tyres, are rusting, and havent been painted 100%, the rear a/c lines, the interior lights that dont work, refinishing of the tray mount holes that were slotted, welded, and not painted etc etc.

If he is all you claim, then like I said, if your dear, you have to be good. Thankfully, we have been able to get it up to scratch since delivery, I would hate to think the vehicle would be delivered that way to the end user if that is the "standard"

I have taken pics of the issues, so i will post some over the next few days.

As the owner of Turtle I would like to make a few comments.
I very much appreciate the talents of Alan and the work done even thogh some issues have occured ,but I'm very pleased to have had Darren manage the project and look out for my best interests, which he has done with enthusiasim.
I'm sure anyone contemplating cutting up their car would be wanting the most professional job possible.

The body work is only a portion of this whole project. In fact the unseen work done on the unit in Darren workshop rpresents significantly more than double the cost of the body work.

The custom camper currently under way will exceede the cost of the body work also.

The number of people and different trades involved is significant.The glory being equally shared by all I feel.

Based on dollar values the body work is the smallest part of the project so others could rightly feel that they have contributed more than Alan. I appreciate what Alan has done as well as the many other talented people and trades involved, but the body work is only a portion.

At the end of the day I can only say that given the numbers of people and trades involved the best decision I made was to have Darren project manage the whole thing, looking out for my best interests.

Cheers
Joe

guys, the Tech forum is not the best place to resolve credit and personal who did what well or not issues, so let's not go there, eh! :)

DMC, what did you do?! Steal the guy's girl or something? ;)

It is still DMC's project to get completed for a customer and he didn't try to take credit for anything- he said it was jobbed out to a professional.

jomar, hope you are enjoying it! it is really unique and interesting

guys, the Tech forum is not the best place to resolve credit and personal who did what well or not issues, so let's not go there, eh! :)

G'Day E9,

common problem in afew places now, and I have Pm'ed him regarding it, and would like the posts deleted [mine and his] and have offered to do so in a pm to him, as has happened elsewhere, so hopefully he can concur, and it will be problemo solved ;)

And sorry I havent come back with F100 details as yet, but I see Christo's is doing ok up there at the moment :cool:

How cool.

Knowing this is an old topic, but we are looking into this as well.
But prefer a dual cab ute.
Any idea about costs? I have tried to get info from a shop in Perth, WA but no luck so far.
I am trying DMW now as well, but that's over in QLD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom