06 LX470 TPMS fix (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Some good info here on buying and setting up in tech stream. But one thing; Unless you've means of break tire bead (tire machine) to install, you end up at a tire shop paying them to install!

So, easy way to find out which TPM Sensor battery dead. Take to tire shop. They've readers to scan each TPMS signal individually. This shows same as tech stream "no signal" (without hooking into tech stream). This pinpoints which wheel TPMS, as they hold scanner near (~3") sensor. Typically more sensor batteries will fail shortly.

I've heard battery can be replaced. I've kept one old set around here somewhere. In the "when I've time" or until no room to store pile. Pile is getting huge!

Not having a tire machine, to break bead. I just pay the $60 or $70 per TPMSensor to buy from tire shop. Then (most) tire shops install free (ask, if not offered). Not OEM, but most offer better warranty which includes install! So you save the ~$25 install fee. Which is liking buying online, at ~$40 each (likely no real warranty), and paying to have installed. I have had times, tech didn't get properly registered in, and dash light comes back in a few cycles. I just go back and have them re set, takes 3 minutes.

I was recently switching my tires to some Tundra wheels and 3 of my sensors were dead. I went ahead and had Discount Tire put in some Denso 550-0103 and I synced them in TechStream. They charged me $21 per tire, so the total cost was around $55 a tire. I'm not sure what they would charge for just a TPMS replacement since they wouldn't necessarily need to dismount/remount/balance.

I wonder if it will come back over time. The "signal lost" error lights were very delayed for me. Tens of miles and multiple days. Let us know if it comes back!
After 100 miles the light came back on. The next question is: can I replace the bad sensor code with a working code. Will the computer allow duplicate codes?

After 100 miles the light came back on. The next question is: can I replace the bad sensor code with a working code. Will the computer allow duplicate codes?
No.

Just replace the bad sensor. Easy peasy

There is a way to bypass the TPMS. I understand it is similar to how the GX folks do it. Torfab did it in my 100 but they didn't tell me anything more about how they did it.

Mine went bad 2 or 3 at once on 15 yo LX. Replaced a year ago at my local Costco. The tech could not set up them properly the first time so I just stopped by again in a couple of days. Since then all is ok. Cost me around $270 for all 5 with balancing, rotating, etc. while I wash shopping.

Can you edit your original post about zeroing it out? I almost headed out with my techstream to do mine until I read on further 😅

I got mine fixed, permanently by pulling out the gauge cluster and covering that tpms light with electrical tape lol

I have developed the habit of always checking my tire pressures anyway before driving it. It also passed smog here in Las Vegas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom