0 Offset on 34s+ (11 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I am currently running 275/70r18 Duratracs on 18x9 TRD Pro BBS and plan to keep that as my winter set. Would a 275/60r20 AT fit? Would I also need to look into bump stop modifications as well just by virtue of running 0 offset?

Can’t help with the fitting of 0 offset wheels, but an easy conversion for rough estimates of tire sizes is that for every difference of 5 in the sidewall profile you can go up or down one inch in wheel diameter for similar overall width and diameter (decreasing sidewall allows for increased wheel diameter and increased sidewall requires decreasing wheel diameter)

275/70R18 will be close to 275/65R19 which would be close to 275/60R20; they are all a roughly 33” diameter tire with a 10.8” width

Not 34s yet! 0 offset 1552 wheels with 285/70r17. Still have to trim the front a bit due to rubbing. Before and after.

42101C65-542E-45DE-93DE-AA2470278755.jpeg

473D9D54-505A-4CBC-B188-C1BD5433968E.jpeg

58B8BCBF-3DDB-4984-8B51-5A98B70B26F3.jpeg

Just installed Maxxis Razr at 35x11.5x17 and it definitely rubs kdss bolt on full lock. Only at full lock for driver side.

Here’s more info.

Just installed Maxxis Razr at 35x11.5x17 and it definitely rubs kdss bolt on full lock. Only at full lock for driver side.

Here’s more info.

On what size and offset wheels? Any wheel spacers, BMC, trimming?

On what size and offset wheels? Any wheel spacers, BMC, trimming?
Yes BMC. Trimmed front fender liner. And trimmed the back by mud flap in the front. I also have to trim the edge of the front bumper as well.

17 method wheels 0 offset.

So what are you guys doing up front with the 0mm offset wheels? I get the trimming and possible BMC and KDSS relocate, but is there anything more required? I get that some went the way of the Tundra front-end swap but I am not interested in that. I'd love to run 0mm offset wheels but I don't want to be tearing up the wheel wells or fenders. I am on 33's now, planning for 34's, possibly a narrow 35 after the lift goes on but I'll stick to the 285/70/18 (34) if the narrow 35 requires too much to make them work without issues.

So what are you guys doing up front with the 0mm offset wheels? I get the trimming and possible BMC and KDSS relocate, but is there anything more required? I get that some went the way of the Tundra front-end swap but I am not interested in that. I'd love to run 0mm offset wheels but I don't want to be tearing up the wheel wells or fenders. I am on 33's now, planning for 34's, possibly a narrow 35 after the lift goes on but I'll stick to the 285/70/18 (34) if the narrow 35 requires too much to make them work without issues.

How do you like the MR314's? They've long been one of my favorite wheel options for the Cruiser as I really like the Rally look but with the MR707's out now I am torn, I think I like those better as they lack the scallops along the edge of the wheel and they have the Bead Grip technology as well.

You didn’t ask me but Im all for methods, all depends on the tire though.

Have you decided? Are you lifted / lifting?

That lower front fender liner can be unfastened at the bottom (a couple screws), and pushed forward 1+ inch, and then refastened again using the existing holes. Not sure it would be enough to clear a larger tire on 0 offset, but was enough to clear a narrow 35” at 35 offset.

How do you like the MR314's? They've long been one of my favorite wheel options for the Cruiser as I really like the Rally look but with the MR707's out now I am torn, I think I like those better as they lack the scallops along the edge of the wheel and they have the Bead Grip technology as well.
I personally love it. It has a slight concave look to it being 0 offset. I do love the slight poke.

To answer your question about what we do up front. At this point my next thing to watch for is when squat and flex. See how much rub at the top of the wheel walls. That’s where bump stops come in. From what I’ve seen 35s and 295/70/18 sizes could rub the wheel walls. That goes to wheels with plus offset too.

I still need to test if mine clears the fenders up front. I am confident it would since it’s skinnier than a full 35x12.5. @kreiten posted pics of his full 35s clearing the fenders ok.

That lower front fender liner can be unfastened at the bottom (a couple screws), and pushed forward 1+ inch, and then refastened again using the existing holes. Not sure it would be enough to clear a larger tire on 0 offset, but was enough to clear a narrow 35” at 35 offset.
One inch move up might do. I decided to just cut the damn thing n get over with.

You didn’t ask me but Im all for methods, all depends on the tire though.

Have you decided? Are you lifted / lifting?

The lift has been here for months, I've just been swamped and unable to make time to get it installed. Not sure on tire size or wheels just yet but I am definitely leaning towards the MR707 if I go with a Method. There are some other makes that I like should I decide to try the 0mm offset. As far as tires go it'll be between KO2's, Geolander M/T G003's, or the new Toyo Open Country R/T Trail, size dependent of course, but I will be sticking with an 18" wheel.

I have already done that mod, it's an old habit from my 5th Gen days lol.

I personally love it. It has a slight concave look to it being 0 offset. I do love the slight poke.

To answer your question about what we do up front. At this point my next thing to watch for is when squat and flex. See how much rub at the top of the wheel walls. That’s where bump stops come in. From what I’ve seen 35s and 295/70/18 sizes could rub the wheel walls. That goes to wheels with plus offset too.

I still need to test if mine clears the fenders up front. I am confident it would since it’s skinnier than a full 35x12.5. @kreiten posted pics of his full 35s clearing the fenders ok.

Thanks for the clarification.

The lift has been here for months, I've just been swamped and unable to make time to get it installed. Not sure on tire size or wheels just yet but I am definitely leaning towards the MR707 if I go with a Method. There are some other makes that I like should I decide to try the 0mm offset. As far as tires go it'll be between KO2's, Geolander M/T G003's, or the new Toyo Open Country R/T Trail, size dependent of course, but I will be sticking with an 18" wheel.

I have already done that mod, it's an old habit from my 5th Gen days lol.

Thanks for the clarification.

Would love to help with mods but I’m in the same boat, several things sitting from slee mounts, pedal commander, interior trim, lift kit ….

my only advice brother is pick the tire now. Like the size.
I wish I had started there instead of the wheels.
IMO nominal 34” on 18s is ideal in so many ways, specially for the 8 speeds.

That would mean an ideal offset of +40-45 dep who you ask, but given the lift subtract another 10mm. Putting you back in Goldilocks +35.

That being said +25 is lowest I would go. And tons more options there for wheels. Not much detriment to handling as you would think. And gives you room for the eventual 35’s well all end up on lol

I test fit my 35-12.50-17 the other day. All
Good other than rear plastic and body mount. Clears the kdss by 1/2” or more.

View attachment 3231558
Double check clearance when twisted up. You may find it hitting then tearing the KDSS boot.

Nomad Arvo 502 0mm offset, BFG KO2 285/75/17 and OME 2". No KDSS, no BMC, inner liner and some rocker plastic trimming.

NtQ4i7O.jpg

deXjIot.jpg

So7Q3u9.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom