Builds Poo Flinger build up (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I think most of the guys helping me usually check there. Only reason. This site rocks

mud rules bunch of nice people, pirate bunch o f tube buggy snobs:doh:

rig looks great

Its only money Good Job......Let me know if ya need any moral support. Cause at the rate your going, you might be sleeping with the cruiser and not allowed back in the house. Dont forget to throw some money momma's way..:)

The reason the build up took so long to take off again, is I was taking care of all the stuff for the house first. She has her hot tub, pool, floors and windows. My turn!!!!!!!

just make sure, as part of your build up, you flip that bezel over

Like the post said, the way I got it. I gotta blame that one on the PO. Not that I won't screw alot of stuff as I go. I'm learning, and re learning... Lets just say I finally know when those darn bolts are fixing to snap.... Just to dumb to stop:doh: Getting better with the extractors and just learned how to use the helicoils. Just call me the torq dork.:banana:

As for the full float, cruzila and one of his engineering friends came up with that set up. We used my stock, drum brake housing and cut about 3/4" to 1" out from the backing plate, about where the rear seal would be. He machined a plate that bolts on the plate that use to hold the backing plate on. Secured with studs, I don't have the p/n with me right now. This plate also is what the disc brake calipers secure to. Then used the mini spindles. Finished it up with custom axles from dutchman (ouch$) and used fj80 drive flanges bolted on with grade 8 3/8" bolts. Scott really could go into more detail I'm sure. I don't know if he has any more plates, or would be willing to make more, not for me to say. Besides, then I would lose my teacher:flipoff2: . He'd be making stuff instead of helping me get my hunk off his propery. Hope that helped.

And Jerry, show up Sunday if you have the time, you can crash at my house. Bring your beautiful wife and her and Karen can kill off wine and make fun of us. And to think, you can help destroy/fix stuff and not cost you a penny, just a few liver cells:cheers: Later, Eric

Thats some nice work you've done on that chassis. You should think about posting the rest of your build-up here on Mud.

Kevin

I wouldn't mind, but I thought cross posting was a no, no? If it isn't, does anyone know how to copy from one board to the other? If not, it really isn't that hard to hit the link and then the back arrow? Have a great day, Eric:beer:

does anyone have an old style (thin) door up for grabs. I've got 2 doors that I'm making half doors from, but one of them is missing the sheetmetal and the attachment point that the door stop bolts too. If you would be willing to part with it, let me know. Thanks, Eric

I've made a lot of progress on the body. Have the new floor panels, rockers, rear sill, and quarter panels in. I've only been posting all the pics and descriptions on Pirate due to that is where most of my club guys lurk, and I would post them here, but it takes for ever to upload pics with a satallite (sp?) connection. Hope you like. Any comments or ideas (about the build up) would be appreciated. Eric

got some more progress pics done. I posted them on my build up on Pirate. I love this board, but it is easier posting pics there.

Just a thought, How about a thread that list all the buildups with a link. Not trying to turn this into Pirate, I love this one like it is, but that thread is handy to look up other ideas. Just a thought. Have a great weekend. Eric

I've got the tube fenders done now, all the body panels replaced, and the cage welded up. I still need to do my frame tie ins but I want to do my sliders first.
Sorry its all on Pirate, it was easier to post large pic files there.

I'll be working on my seat brackets next.. I'll post up again when their done. Eric

Got pics of the fenders and the fuel filler assym posted up now if anyone is interested. It is on page 4. Have a great weekend

Got some more pics up on my build up site. All the new stuff is on page 4. Got the fuel filler finished, the tube fenders done (haven't installed the welting yet,) the bull bar and the front bumper. Hope ya like.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom