Help me price my rig (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Been falling more and more out of off-roading and into aviation, its to the point where she gets to occasionally drive to the grocery store/airport in the summer and maybe fire roads once a year. Seriously thinking about selling to make room for a much more foolish project, building a plane in my garage cause I'm in idiot like that. Anyway, the rig, would love to get some opinions (i know, about tree fiddy :deadhorse:) Located in the bay area.

1965 40, major mashup of parts/years:
Driveline:
2004 Chevy V6 topend, long block was a chevy crate engine new in 2016
Th350c
Toyota Pickup 23 spline transfer case (stock gear ration, 4.7 is too low with automatic) with advance adapters
2 piece drive shaft up front to get around the auto, it actually all fits in flat bellied.
4.88 gears
Front: Longfield Chromos, six shooter knuckles, 4 runner disc brakes, ARB, chromo gear hubs
Rear: Ruffstuff housing, chromo shafts full float shafts, fj40 disc brakes and locking hubs in the rear (for easy flat towing, also has onboard brake buddy stealth for towing)
Vanco high flow hydroboost brakes, stops the 35's with minimal effort
Hacked up a trail gear 3/8 pickup skid plate to fit under the rig and keep the whole thing nearly flat-bellied.
rancho 44044 springs front/rear, sits very flat with a through frame upper mount up front, drives pretty stable on the freeway with the spring under, has a ton of droop on the trail, so flexes better than you would imagine.
Hydro assist steering box, have a 6" ram for it, not currently on the rig, 7" would be better, psc reservoir and pump, spacing on the name of the box manufacturer, came with the rig when i bought it

Body
warn zeon 10klb winch with synthetic rope
74? i think windshield with the small motor, wipers work fine.
Found a later model dash that i adapted (original owner had cut off the dash and built a custom one)
Dakota digital retro gauges with some autometer phantom gauges for the misc
painless harness
chevy ecu in the glovebox
Best top seats
retrofitted the gas tank cover to a later model tank
Metal tech jackson cage (pre-welded, i suck at tube welding)
Hard doors from a 78, fully rebuild with all new seals
Have a besttop soft top not shown (and softdoors in the box still) and a set of tube doors, quick disconnect hinges
Speakers in doors are not wired up currently, radio mount is in the center console, never got around to finishing the install.
Metal tech tube fenders on the front, bud built steel wrap around in the rear, metal tech dual swing out rear bumper.

20240414_154324.jpg
20240414_154419.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not an automatic tranny person so I wouldn't even consider it. What do you think its worth/what do want for it? List it for sale at that price with a make a reasonable offer option. I agree that its doubtful you will get anywhere near what you have in it. Just keep and enjoy it, is the best way to stay even

Good luck with the plane build - enjoy gasoline while you can.

The automatic is totally worth the build.
Standard shift on trails is a fools errand.
Stand tall.
Ask what you want.
Eventual sell guaranteed.

When I sell a vehicle I do a lot of searches on the net to see what comparable vehicles are selling for, some of my stuff has been stock others modified, try to compare apples to apples with what you are selling. I start on the high side with my asking price, while it's true that you won't get all your money back on modifications I have found in the past there have been some buyers out there that will love every thing you've done to the rig and see the value in it and pay your price or close to it. If it doesn't sell You can always lower the price incrementally if you have the time. Pricing for a "quick sale" will always be on the low side. GLWS!

why do you have it set up for anti-Ackerman?

I would ask over in the hardcore corner forum. Those guys know the value of what you have spent. Not many here, myself included, would.

If that was mine i would probably list it at 22k but expect to get 18k Without seeing it up close its hard to give a real accurate price . Its kinda a in between build. Not big enough for the super hard stuff and the Classic crowd look at it as scrap metal

@azrockbum This is really a bitchin little 40. Very unique and I would guess pretty capable trail rig for the stock-ish looking stance. ARB in the rear too? Not a buyer, have too many projects as it is, but this would be a sweet little 40 to own if you wanted a nice driver and very capable trail rig.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom