What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (54 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Got my links and brackets all in place. Hopefully I'll have another warm weekend in a couple weeks and the coilovers will go in.

IMG_6581.jpg

Meh, I disagree. I just did some winter camping this weekend in 17 degrees at 12,000 feet and the rear heater wasn’t missed. I did the bypass and pulled the heater from under the seat and plugged the hole.

Cruiser had zero issues warming up or staying warm and no complaints from my kid in the back seat.

YMMV but the rear heater even in those temps wasn’t worth the hassle of the replacing the lines underneath or ever having to worry about them again.

View attachment 3586070
Yeah if they are rusty then I would see the point in just bypassing them and having some extra room under the seat is nice. But if they are in good shape what's the point of bypassing them? If they are rusty there are probably other areas of the car that need attention too. My suggestion, if they are in good shape, is to keep them that way ( and the rest of the underside) by spraying with FluidFilm or similar.

12” Derale dual pass. Part number 13263 from summit.
I just installed the same on mine (although I gave it a quick coat of Eastman black radiator paint prior to installation)... easy installation with a few rivnuts. I like how you added the protection where the hoses go thru the frame. I should probably do that as well for peace of mind.

If I were you I wouldn't do the bypass...that's just some trendy BS. Keep it the way it's supposed to be. Looks like you are in Houston? I am sure you don't need the rear heater that much and it's not rusty but there are times when you will need it if you travel to colder places and like you said, if it's still looking good there's no reason to do

Yeah if they are rusty then I would see the point in just bypassing them and having some extra room under the seat is nice. But if they are in good shape what's the point of bypassing them? If they are rusty there are probably other areas of the car that need attention too. My suggestion, if they are in good shape, is to keep them that way ( and the rest of the underside) by spraying with FluidFilm or similar.
They are in good shape. I don’t need the rear heater (use my Tacoma or 4Runner for trips to cold weather locations) but am leaning against deleting to keep the system running with the amount of coolant it was designed for and to have an extra heater to run if ever need to deal with overheating issues.

I trussed the front axle housing, made some knuckle gussets, reinforced the radius arm brackets and moved the bolt holes for an additional 1.7° of caster.
Forgot to take pictures of most of the steps. Startet painting the axles and control arms, ran out of primer at 3/4 done because i'm stupid.
Diffs and lock actuators will get changed to rebuilt ones anyways, so i left them in place for sandblasting and painting.

IMG_20240320_194508_299.jpg
IMG_20240320_223120_087.jpg

Little cutting, some grinding and welding and I'm inside the frame

20240306_081552.jpg

20240314_161258.jpg

20240320_154446.jpg

@2KCruiser Do you have a build thread for that engine swap? I sniffed around and could not find it. My Piggie may enjoy having a 1fz in it as well.

A tour of the eastern Sierra/Death Valley, my birthday/ equinox schtick…

IMG_0510.jpeg

IMG_0552.jpeg

IMG_0559.jpeg

IMG_0566.jpeg

IMG_0657.jpeg

The roads were BRUTAL. keep a couple of these in your parts box, kids. Like I said, this is the best place in the universe to have to be “stranded.” :lol:

IMG_0633.jpeg

IMG_0634.jpeg

IMG_0683.jpeg

IMG_0690.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom