Builds The honey badger build (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So now the plan is to pull my cage and get it PC and while it’s out to finish the inside of the tub . So the next 2.5 months will be spent on getting it looking good . Kinda sucks because I never really intended to build this like this . Now I am going to be putting AC and fancy digital stuff in 🤦🏻‍♂️ O well

Well like everything on this thing. You try and make one thing nice and that leads to having to make 47 others things nice 🤦🏻‍♂️. So I wanted to do 2 things. . 1 run the wires for the lights . And 2 I had the pieces that go over the doors powder coated . I took the pieces off my extra top . Well today I dove in and quickly learned that the pieces did not want to come off 🤦🏻‍♂️🤷‍♂️. Who ever put them on glue and siliconed them on . 🤦🏻‍♂️🤬. Well after getting 1 off I learned the the drip rail was some home made aluminum piece of junk 🤦🏻‍♂️. I knew it had some funny little trim piece on top but never really thought much about it . So this project escalated fast . . I looked at the spare top and it is good but it had been painted and the paint was a real mess . So I said f it and pulled my top completely off ( I needed to do it anyways to pull my cage out ) but I kinda didn’t really want to do it even though I needed to . I also pulled my doors. . Then I started in on the new top 🤮. I think I am just going to run it with no top and doors for the summer and just do the top right . I don’t think it looks bad with no doors 🤷‍♂️. I do have the half doors I could paint and put the graffix on I guess

View attachment 3584555

View attachment 3584556

View attachment 3584557
That top does look rough but it will look awesome when you are done, and the cruiser looks amazing with the top off.

So now the plan is to pull my cage and get it PC and while it’s out to finish the inside of the tub . So the next 2.5 months will be spent on getting it looking good . Kinda sucks because I never really intended to build this like this . Now I am going to be putting AC and fancy digital stuff in 🤦🏻‍♂️ O well
Don’t worry about it. Have fun with it. I plan to wheel mine the same as before.

Got about 3/4 of the old paint scrapped off. Not as much fun as I thought

You thought that was going to be fun? I haven’t seen a raptor lined top but that might look pretty cool. I was thinking about wrapping mine with a topographic map of western Colorado to eastern Utah.
Well i was pretending i was on Overhauling . I mean the outside of the top the inside will get a headliner . I do not think a Wrap would be that good on the top . But now you got me thinking :hmm: Maybe put a Maltese Cross on the top with my FD number hmm

Shwwww that is a lot of work. Almost. Have to wait till tomorrow night To finish

IMG_6659.jpeg

IMG_6660.jpeg

Well i was pretending i was on Overhauling . I mean the outside of the top the inside will get a headliner . I do not think a Wrap would be that good on the top . But now you got me thinking :hmm: Maybe put a Maltese Cross on the top with my FD number hmm
That would be cool. Maybe you should have the red cruiser and I should’ve had the black one. Ha! I was thinking about wrapping the fenders, too, but I’ve got to get this thing running first. Do you think that the wrap wouldn’t stay adhered to the fiberglass or the topo pattern wouldn’t look very good?

Great progress on your top! You are almost there.

That would be cool. Maybe you should have the red cruiser and I should’ve had the black one. Ha! I was thinking about wrapping the fenders, too, but I’ve got to get this thing running first. Do you think that the wrap wouldn’t stay adhered to the fiberglass or the topo pattern wouldn’t look very good?

Great progress on your top! You are almost there.
It should stay adhered really no different than wrapping a corvette . On my Fj i had a clear wrap over the wrap that was a self healing so it held up well . I had a matte black section on my hood that was a epic pain to get off it did not hold up well I think it lasted about 5 years . I am going to redo the one on the 40 i do not like the TRD on it and a couple other adjustments Plus i got a few spots damaged from grinding . At the end of the day no matter what if you are really wheeling hard trails things are going. to get scratched .

Last edited:
Elsie does not approve of the top currently, didn't the tundra spit lugs last year bout this time too ? or was that the trailer ?

Elsie does not approve of the top currently, didn't the tundra spit lugs last year bout this time too ? or was that the trailer ?
You are correct she was not Happy about this top taking up her day . Yes last year at Fordyce i had 3 lugs shear on the drivers side . very odd .

There is a wobble that you probably cant feel in the wheel, what do the seats where lugs contact rim look like ? Are they same rims as last year ? Thatd freak me out, I'd get rid of that truck or find the issue, could be simply crappy lugs ? I would have to check out everything from A arm/frame all the way out and probably assemble myself with a good look at wheel bearings. If the lugs are not getting loose then they are taking an abnormal load, check all the a arm bush & ball joints, my guess is upper a arm has an issue somewhere.

There is a wobble that you probably cant feel in the wheel, what do the seats where lugs contact rim look like ? Are they same rims as last year ? Thatd freak me out, I'd get rid of that truck or find the issue, could be simply crappy lugs ? I would have to check out everything from A arm/frame all the way out and probably assemble myself with a good look at wheel bearings. If the lugs are not getting loose then they are taking an abnormal load, check all the a arm bush & ball joints, my guess is upper a arm has an issue somewhere.
I am Letting Geico handle this . I have not touched this truck. Lift and tire were put on by a reputable shop i will let them deal with it . i have 40s to build . I do have a new set of Wheels for is as i never did like the ones on it 20 inch . And the Methods i have are 17s I just wanted to wear out the new tires first . I honestly think its from someone just slamming the lugs on with a gun .

I am Letting Geico handle this . I have not touched this truck. Lift and tire were put on by a reputable shop i will let them deal with it . i have 40s to build . I do have a new set of Wheels for is as i never did like the ones on it 20 inch . And the Methods i have are 17s I just wanted to wear out the new tires first . I honestly think its from someone just slamming the lugs on with a gun .
This is exactly how this happens, enough so that where I'm at, the kids get in trouble if they hammer 'em on with the gun. Too many broken studs

This is exactly how this happens, enough so that where I'm at, the kids get in trouble if they hammer 'em on with the gun. Too many broken studs
I witnessed students in a vocational class put a wheel on a vehicle, lower it to the ground and then proceeded to crank the lug nuts on with a 500lb impact gun. I stopped them on their second lug nut. The wheel wasn’t even close to mounting surface.

I sandblasted and powder coated the widow frames . And the pieces that go above them on the hard top . I have All new Rubber and Felts . I am going to have the hardtop sides sand blasted and just Powder Coat the inside and I will paint the out side. I don’t want to see all the spot welds so will need to do a little body filler .

IMG_6673.jpeg

IMG_6674.jpeg

IMG_6675.jpeg

IMG_6676.jpeg

IMG_6677.jpeg

I completely stripped the hardtop sides apart today. And will drop off tomorrow to get sandblasted and powder coated . Then I worked on the fiberglass top some more . It’s almost ready for primer .

IMG_6694.jpeg

IMG_6695.jpeg

IMG_6696.jpeg

I finally mounted my fuel filter 😃. I was going to mount it in the underseat tool box but decided to suck it up and pull the center council out and mount it under there . Keep chipping away at this thing 🤦🏻‍♂️

IMG_6703.jpeg

IMG_6704.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom