Builds The honey badger build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The only other thing I want to do is raise my axle side coil over mounts 1 1/2 inches. This will give me an additional 1.5 down travel and put me back at 4 inches of up . I have the mounts just need to do it 🤦🏻‍♂️.

This also allowed me to push my axle forward an additional 3/4 of an inch giving me the clearance I needed . It worked before but was so close to the bolt head on the panhard bar that it actually would rub . Just barely

IMG_6478.jpeg

I’m not even sure which post you two are talking about. That must be one good magnifying glass.

@Firemedic831, did you get your shag carpet in yet? How is the headliner going?
No shag yet . I had seen where someone used suede and i thought it looked good . I am thinking i may try that but add red stiching ? We will see i have a bunch of other things i want to do first .

So to answer your question yes I weld them. But like my upper link mounts on the rear frame side No

well no duh, I was asking about that new front mount cause they were not glued in any pics.

Just started looking at this post, then I recognized the parking lot! I will have to keep my eye open for this TLC around town now :)
She don’t like to leave the garage much But I do drive it around a little

So I seen AVR made some brackets to mount some lights . So I ordered a set . Very complete kit . 👍. They are made to mount on the bottom side. But on mine I could not do that . 1 my lights hit on the hinge that way and 2 I would not be able to use my mirrors. I can’t really see out of them anyways but that’s not the point 😃. So I flipped them and put them on the top side . This allows me to use my mirrors and my light does not hit. And I can still fold my windshield down if I wanted 👍.

IMG_6614.jpeg

IMG_6615.jpeg

IMG_6616.jpeg

Well like everything on this thing. You try and make one thing nice and that leads to having to make 47 others things nice 🤦🏻‍♂️. So I wanted to do 2 things. . 1 run the wires for the lights . And 2 I had the pieces that go over the doors powder coated . I took the pieces off my extra top . Well today I dove in and quickly learned that the pieces did not want to come off 🤦🏻‍♂️🤷‍♂️. Who ever put them on glue and siliconed them on . 🤦🏻‍♂️🤬. Well after getting 1 off I learned the the drip rail was some home made aluminum piece of junk 🤦🏻‍♂️. I knew it had some funny little trim piece on top but never really thought much about it . So this project escalated fast . . I looked at the spare top and it is good but it had been painted and the paint was a real mess . So I said f it and pulled my top completely off ( I needed to do it anyways to pull my cage out ) but I kinda didn’t really want to do it even though I needed to . I also pulled my doors. . Then I started in on the new top 🤮. I think I am just going to run it with no top and doors for the summer and just do the top right . I don’t think it looks bad with no doors 🤷‍♂️. I do have the half doors I could paint and put the graffix on I guess

IMG_6656.jpeg

IMG_6657.jpeg

IMG_6658.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom