Builds The honey badger build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Its just a 8 inch . gezz i bought this a couple years ago now i guess :hmm: . I also have a full Hydro set up as well but choose to stay with Hydro assist . I will use the full hydro on the blue 40 . . Honestly i had no issues at all without the assist this past summer But figure since i had it might as well use it . Plus i think it will take some of the strain off the drag link .

Its just a 8 inch . gezz i bought this a couple years ago now i guess :hmm: . I also have a full Hydro set up as well but choose to stay with Hydro assist . I will use the full hydro on the blue 40 . . Honestly i had no issues at all without the assist this past summer But figure since i had it might as well use it . Plus i think it will take some of the strain off the drag link .
That's a big part of the reason I'm going to something similar. Save the sector shaft, drag link and passenger side lower cone washers. Making nice progress on this one!

Time doesn’t seem to heal, but tinkering on the Cruiser does seem to help. Glad to see some progress. What PSC ram did you go with? I need to order mine but I might wait until later like you did.
Yesterday I would have to say was the worst day of my life 😢. But today is a new day and it’s time to get this thing going again . I have 2 hard tops so I pulled the pieces that go over the front doors off my spare . Then I pulled the hinges out of an extra header , it has rust but the hinges are good and broke the hinges down . I dropped those parts off to get powder coated . Then I worked on the rear hatch . I had to drill out all the screws that hold the inner panel on . I also installed a new lock set . Now everything works 👍. I need to order a new window rubber for the hatch ( I have all new rubber for everything else . ) once I do that I will break down the rear hatch and get it blasted and coated . . Since I have an extra fiberglass top I am going to refinish one and get a headliner installed .

IMG_6433.jpeg

IMG_6432.jpeg

IMG_6431.jpeg

IMG_6429.jpeg

IMG_6430.jpeg

Last edited:
Not going to lie Hardtops absolutely suck 🤦🏻‍♂️ there are a lot of parts with them . But I know it will be nice when it’s done. And every single piece will be new or refinished.

Yesterday I would have to say was the worst day of my life 😢. But today is a new day and it’s time to get this thing going again . I have 2 hard tops so I pulled the pieces that go over the front doors off my spare . Then I pulled the hinges out of an extra header , it has rust but the hinges are good and broke the hinges down . I dropped those parts off to get powder coated . Then I worked on the rear hatch . I had to drill out all the screws that hold the inner panel on . I also installed a new lock set . Now everything works 👍. I need to order a new window rubber for the hatch ( I have all new rubber for everything else . ) once I do that I will break down the rear hatch and get it blasted and coated . . Since I have an extra fiberglass top I am going to refinish one and get a headliner installed .

View attachment 3557621

View attachment 3557622

View attachment 3557623

View attachment 3557624

View attachment 3557625
Garage therapy and mechanical distraction can be good things, but it would take a lot to convince me messing with hard top hardware is fun, and I just got into the garage for the first time in a little over 4 months. For the headliner, are you just getting a new factory style already precut, or something you'll cut to size and apply?

Garage therapy and mechanical distraction can be good things, but it would take a lot to convince me messing with hard top hardware is fun, and I just got into the garage for the first time in a little over 4 months. For the headliner, are you just getting a new factory style already precut, or something you'll cut to size and apply?
I will take it and have a upholstery shop do it . I do not think i will do the oe white headliner . I would like to do something a little nicer .

Last edited:

View attachment 3557621

View attachment 3557622

View attachment 3557623

View attachment 3557624

View attachment 3557625
I’m glad that you are back at it ☺️

Right now my plan is to get the top all done and just clean things up before April for Cruise Moab . Then in May install some big things :steer: and have it ready for June for Rubithon . July i will wash it 45 times and work out any bugs . Then we have Aug :bounce: i am not sure if i am going to pull the top and doors yet for that :hmm:.

Right now my plan is to get the top all done and just clean things up before April for Cruise Moab . Then in May install some big things :steer: and have it ready for June for Rubithon . July i will wash it 45 times and work out any bugs . Then we have Aug :bounce: i am not sure if i am going to pull the top and doors yet for that :hmm:.
I need to come to the Rubithon, maybe next year. What is happening in August? SAS?

I need to come to the Rubithon, maybe next year. What is happening in August? SAS?
We have a RubiDyce run we are doing Rubicon then Fordyce and be there for Sierra Trek . I think we have 20 rigs

We have a RubiDyce run we are doing Rubicon then Fordyce and be there for Sierra Trek . I think we have 20 rigs
That sounds like a lot of fun. Lake Tahoe is about 1,000 miles from here, which might be far for the first run in my Cruiser. Not that you were inviting me. I might need to split that up into 2.5 days as I’ve never driven a Cruiser for more than 400 miles at a time. Ha. Maybe that is a 2026 trip for me.

That sounds like a lot of fun. Lake Tahoe is about 1,000 miles from here, which might be far for the first run in my Cruiser. Not that you were inviting me. I might need to split that up into 2.5 days as I’ve never driven a Cruiser for more than 400 miles at a time. Ha. Maybe that is a 2026 trip for me.
If you think you can make it we will make a spot for you . There are a few that are coming from CO .

This was one of those projects I could have put off but it’s been bugging me since I did it so today was the day to make it right . 💪. First I cut the old mount off and ground everything smooth . Then I tacked the new one in place 👍. Much better and more clearance 😃. Burn it 😎.

IMG_6462.jpeg

IMG_6469.jpeg

IMG_6472.jpeg

IMG_6475.jpeg

IMG_6476.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom