Builds 78 Mustard Yellow FJ40 #Tiger40 (14 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Drove this thing 20 miles open header to the fab shop lol. It got a little hotter than normal, but I’m not sure if that’s due to the emission equipment or if the exhaust dumping in the engine bay. I guess we will have to see how it runs after the exhaust is patched up.

View attachment 3577853

View attachment 3577857
Looking forward to what’s next here…

Looking forward to what’s next here…
Test fit looks good, time to burn it in place!

IMG_5240.jpeg

Last edited:
That thing is going to run smooth and quite!
Looks good

Thanks guys! Back home now. Definitely runs a bit hotter and has less torque going uphill. Unless that’s just a normal FJ40 on 33’s and stock gear problem lol, 3rd gear screaming rpms and going 40mph 😆

IMG_5260.jpeg

IMG_5259.jpeg

Last edited:
The power loss yesterday was bugging me and I did notice that it was idling rough on the trip home. Took the spark plugs out and didn’t see any fouled. Started tracing vacuum lines and found one popped out of a tee fitting. I’m hoping that was my issue but won’t know for sure until the next drive.

Got all the new lines on with the exception of the extra long distributor line. I need to put an inline fitting to add another 6” to reach the distributor.

I may or may not have lined up all of the writing on every hose 😂

IMG_5279.jpeg

IMG_5278.jpeg

IMG_5280.jpeg

I also found that I had the #8 and #13 hose mixed up. So the power valve wasn’t working along with the line that popped off the tee on the way home causing lack of power.

Paws crossed for you.
Tiger emoji

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom