**NFS WORK DAY RESCHEDULED** Peter's Mill/Taskers Gap Trail Workday May 11, 2024 (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

StaleAle

MUD-aholic
SILVER Star
Threads
There will be a trail workday on Saturday, March 23, 2024 starting at 9am in the large parking lot at Edinburg Gap (top of the hill, not the lot at the base of the hill on the east side).

WATR will be there as well.

I will be in Idaho that weekend so I will ask one of you to lead the CLCC group and capture names and round trip driving times of each CLCC Volunteer. Please arrive on or before 9am to make sure you are not left behind.

I will send you copies of the authorization letter you'll need to be behind the closed/locked gates. Every vehicle must have a letter or you are subject to be ticketed for unauthorized use of a restricted area.

Please wear heavy work boots and bring work gloves and safety glasses. Dress warmly and bring plenty of water and snacks. The trail is 7 miles long one-way and will take several hours to complete the work and return to the entry/exit gate.

Post-up if you plan to attend so we can give WATR a head-count. Please do not post-up unless you actually plan to attend.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Jon

PS - Chainsaw certs will also be done on the 23rd. The Programs Director never returned my calls so I suspect the 2024 chainsaw class is full.

I should have my truck back together by then and I intend to make this event. I will bring my chainsaw. :)

Last edited:
I should be there.

I should have my truck back together by then and I intend to make this event. I will bring my chainsaw and will need to be certified that day I suppose. :)
I think they are just doing the skills test recert. If you need the full class that is a 2 day event that is seperate.

I think they are just doing the skills test recert. If you need the full class that is a 2 day event that is seperate.
I have mad skills dawg! Well, I guess that I will just bring my hand saw then, lol.

Yes, there is a two day class. The 2024 session is March 2 & 3 (sorry for the late info but I was only notified of this on March 1).

Only 4 Volunteers? Come-on guys, do your teens need service hours for school? Make some time in your busy schedule to give back to the community.

BUMP TO THE TOP for maximum visibility for anyone logging in today before the meeting.

I am joining the initiative this year after being in the club for 3 years because (1) it's a worthwhile, club-sponsored initiative, (2) it has been woefully understaffed, and (3) it seems that we can do better with representation as a group. The easy fix to the pain point is to get more bodies to the event, so I am contributing my time and effort. I appreciate the benefits of belonging to the CLCC (having club resources, being able to get assistance and knowledge from the LC gurus, going wheeling with people that don't suck, etc.) and feel that one day of service to the cause is a reasonable ask.

If you don't have conflicting commitments, consider spending the day with your CLCC brethren riding some trails and moving fallen trees and whatever else we need to do to. My goal is to make @StaleAle proud of the turnout this year. Let's walk the walk! :)

BUMP TO THE TOP for maximum visibility for anyone logging in today before the meeting.

I am joining the initiative this year after being in the club for 3 years because (1) it's a worthwhile, club-sponsored initiative, (2) it has been woefully understaffed, and (3) it seems that we can do better with representation as a group. The easy fix to the pain point is to get more bodies to the event, so I am contributing my time and effort. I appreciate the benefits of belonging to the CLCC (having club resources, being able to get assistance and knowledge from the LC gurus, going wheeling with people that don't suck, etc.) and feel that one day of service to the cause is a reasonable ask.

If you don't have conflicting commitments, consider spending the day with your CLCC brethren riding some trails and moving fallen trees and whatever else we need to do to. My goal is to make @StaleAle proud of the turnout this year. Let's walk the walk! :)
couldn't have said it better myself Kevin :beer: . Come out show some support CLCC. Myself and @DC470 will be there as well. @kevin in okinawa let's coordinate maybe we all can ride up together

I've been having to jump around a bunch for work and some home projects, but i can make it! couple things though. I know this is a land cruiser group, but my 70 would be in the way more than helping, so i'm gonna leave it at home.

What I can bring is my ranger with a 6ft flat bed? I can either bring it empty, or i can put my large garbage bins in the back and bring them so we have more than ample room for trash that needs to goto the dump.

trashy ranger.PNG

I know its not as glorious as a continent stomping cruiser, but its small and easy to get around. It's used to pin striping and its got the tremor package so it does decent at off road and could take taskers easily. So let me know what yall need! I can come empty or with bins, or if needed i can park it at the trail head and ride with someone else and just be extra set of hands for garbage collecting!

You can come with it empty. We will not need to haul anything out.

Rog. Should i bring shovels and snips for branches or do they provide all that?
Bring them also everyone bring gloves. Believe it or not a pickaxe/ADZE as well there are usually lots of ruts that need a drain channel cut.

Wash Trail Riders has confirmed they will hsve catered lunch on the 23rd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom