"Coal Mine Cruiser Classic 2024 and beyond" (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

CakeMountain

SILVER Star
Threads
Just a heads up that the CMCC has been discontinued... 😢

Just a heads up that the CMCC has been discontinued... 😢

I had a feeling it would based on comments from the club officers at last year's event.
BTW - That was a damn hot event camping - even with shade trees.

They told me at Fall Crawl.
This is why club members have to step up and help with events. When it’s the same people doing all the work they quit doing the work.

I had a feeling it would based on comments from the club officers at last year's event.
I always stayed in the A/C at the hotel! Sad to see another event fall to the side...

and wet

Just to clarify, we're not freakin' dead ;)
We're still planning to go wheeling in July. It just became too much effort for too little return to keep it going as an event.
Between the cost of food and all the swag, not to mention that the TLCA insurance cost tripled on us and they demanded a cut of the profits (screw that), I would have had to double the cost of the event for the attendees.

FYI there is a fairly large group of guys gonna be at the Twin Grove campground the weekend of July 11, 12, and 13 to wheel and have a coal mine classic of our own. The Polish contingent is coming down and a bunch of guys from the Keystone club will be there. Of course every one of you guys is most welcome to show up and have a great time. We picked that weekend to reserve our cabins as coal mine was historically held the second weekend of July. I know some of the Gotham guys are still planning to come down and wheel but I believe they've picked the following weekend to be there.

Right. How could I forget the river flowing thru my tent the AM of departure. :bang:
sorry not funny but still funny.... that surely was a Noah type rain we had that night! I am SO glad I had packed as much as i could up the evening before cause it would have been a mess to do it after that rain!

Matt and I have T03P booked at Twin Grove. Who elsi is planning to go?

It looks like many of the usual cabins have already been reserved,

Definitely sad to see it go. When I got in to the TLCA this was actually the first official event I attended. Hot and the stink bugs were well I am still finding them in my gear after all these years.

I may try to make it up, had a blast last year following @Cass007 around! Was my first year, but met some great people on that trip.

I had a good time last year... minus the rear bumper incident... and not feeling so good on sat... but it was a good time and yes i got to meet some great people as well... but damn it was hot as hell and that rain storm on sat night was no joke

Get a cabin with AC.

I’ll probably just grab a night at the roadside hotel again this year, missed any campsites last year. Right at the intersection where you pick up the highway, so still not far off to hang at the campground too and then get a chilly nights sleep .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom