What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (60 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This is my biggest issue. I love the tools, but it's frustrating that I can't use my batteries in more stuff. In general Bosch has a pretty wide catalog, but a lot of it isn't available in USA. I considered doing their version of "Packout" but most of the cool stuff they do in that space isn't available in the USA. The fact that they don't have a modern cordless ratchet is crazy. Never mind not having any of the yard tools.
There a few tools I do need that Bosch does not have. But I do have large number of Bosch batteries. I solved some of that by finding battery adapters.. Bosch to whatever.. usually find on EBay. There are some specialty tools I need from Milwaukee and Dewalt. as long as it is 18/20volt the adapters are available.. haven’t found any kind of 12v adapters. And can still can use my older Bosch tools with the new lithium batteries. Bosch makes a great green beam 12v cross laser.. also a larger 18v sloping laser I use with a receiver on my excavator. One very cool thing I like is a Makita air compressor. (With Bosch battery adapter) I use that for testing piping and topping off trailer tires.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BF3THVXD?ref=product_details&th=1

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B3RBWZ7Q?psc=1&ref=product_details

Weekend trip on the SCAR (South Carolina Adventure Route) over presidents day weekend, and a full Monday swapping a buddy's suspension back to stock, so the the OME 2.5" lift can be transferred to my truck. Also picked up a set of Full underbody skid plates..
All mod's preformed well so far, as well as the Winch when I had to yank out the lead truck from the swamp..

Piper approved of the trip, :) and was a champ while I worked on the truck Monday..

More work to follow.
I need to locate the winch plug to the bumper, suspension, skids and sliders..

View attachment 3562212

View attachment 3562213

View attachment 3562214

View attachment 3562215

View attachment 3562219
@rlynch356 Hey Rob - Looks fun. Been wanting to try the SCAR. Good to see your 200 build coming along nicely. Hopefully see you and Piper again at the Relic Run in April. Paul

Replaced my 8" JL sub with a new Series 2 Alpine Type S 10" sub. Much better power handeling.
20240302_113516.jpg
20240302_122853.jpg
20240302_133116.jpg

Quick sound test before putting everything back together.

Did you add an amp? Link to the sub?
Just did a quick little write up of the replacement sub but has a picture of amp and processor and such

Sub can be found here

@rlynch356 Hey Rob - Looks fun. Been wanting to try the SCAR. Good to see your 200 build coming along nicely. Hopefully see you and Piper again at the Relic Run in April. Paul
We plan on Being there :) See you there - I think all I am missing are sliders - which funny are normally the first thing I add to a build :)
I guess I'll have to retire the FJ-D90 for the TLC events :)

I have a dual battery setup - Odyssey AGM's w Redarc BCDC. Running a National Luna 60L legacy. I think my secondary AGM battery may be on its last season. It got a hard workout last year. Anyway, picked up a used/reconditioned Valence LiFePO4 battery (40 Ah, 12.8v) on eBay. Figured it was worth a try based on a suggestion by @Fisher23 Gave it full charge on Friday.

Testing out on fridge now. Been running empty fridge and freezer for 36+ hours and battery still at 83%.
1709512468145.jpeg

1709512505857.jpeg

Upgraded the fridge control panel last year to get the Bluetooth option to control remotely via phone.
I have a Victron 12/24v DC DC charger that I could hook this to while driving to charge it up or use my solar panels at camp.

Not a bad little battery from a medical cart.

I have a dual battery setup - Odyssey AGM's w Redarc BCDC. Running a National Luna 60L legacy. I think my secondary AGM battery may be on its last season. It got a hard workout last year. Anyway, picked up a used/reconditioned Valence LiFePO4 battery (40 Ah, 12.8v) on eBay. Figured it was worth a try based on a suggestion by @Fisher23 Gave it full charge on Friday.

Testing out on fridge now. Been running empty fridge and freezer for 36+ hours and battery still at 83%.
View attachment 3573194
View attachment 3573195
Upgraded the fridge control panel last year to get the Bluetooth option to control remotely via phone.
I have a Victron 12/24v DC DC charger that I could hook this to while driving to charge it up or use my solar panels at camp.

Not a bad little battery from a medical cart.
How are you determining there's still 83% charge left? Does the battery's BMS have a bluetooth app, or are you calculating the remaining charge based on battery voltage? Just asking because the latter doesn't work with Lithium since the battery between 10-90% will be a difference of like 0.2V. The only accurate way to determine a lithium battery capacity remaining is to use a columb counter.

How are you determining there's still 83% charge left? Does the battery's BMS have a bluetooth app, or are you calculating the remaining charge based on battery voltage? Just asking because the latter doesn't work with Lithium since the battery between 10-90% will be a difference of like 0.2V. The only accurate way to determine a lithium battery capacity remaining is to use a columb counter.
The BMS on the battery communicates over a proprietary protocol and I can't connect to read it. I bought a cheap LCD battery gauge and configured it for LiFePO4. Still learning about the Lithiums.

Valley heat exchanger coolant leak repair today and tomorrow with water pump, tensioner, idler, and fan bracket as a bonus!

tempImageucU2aN.jpg

Oops, I did it again. This is probably the 3rd or 4th time I've left a headlamp next to the AHC reservoir when doing some AHC maintenance and driven around.

Last time I drove over 200 miles with the headlamp on the frame and it stayed put. Luckily this time I only went about 50 miles before realizing it was missing.

IMG_3615.JPG

Oops, I did it again. This is probably the 3rd or 4th time I've left a headlamp next to the AHC reservoir when doing some AHC maintenance and driven around.

Last time I drove over 200 miles with the headlamp on the frame and it stayed put. Luckily this time I only went about 50 miles before realizing it was missing.

View attachment 3576283
You got lucky, I left a $175 bosch worklight/4ah battery up there once. Haven't seen it since.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom