What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (61 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It was a BIG day at the DIY shop today .... replaced the tailgate struts! I didn't realize how much weight they were carrying.

Just finished up with the Dissent Roof Rack. The slight overhang on the sides, no giant gaps between panels and overall low profile made choosing this rack an easy choice. Thank you @benc for an awesome product.

IMG_7807.jpeg

IMG_7808.jpeg

Installed the EE Offroad low profile rear bumper/skid. Took a little modification to account for clearing the AHC pump. But all in all not too bad a compromise. I'll probably paint it black someday, but ran out of daylight once i had it installed. Took one day to get it all fitted up and then a 2nd day to go back and fix all my mistakes and do the work to fit the pump.

IMG_7240.jpeg
IMG_7241.jpeg

Here's the general gist of what I had to do to get the bracket to clear the AHC pump bracket. I had to cut the front third off the OEM bracket. I milled out about 3/8" of the new skid support on the top of the triangle to clear the pump motor, and then "fabricated" a little mount to catch the side of the OEM bracket that I cut off. I was able to mount the bumper support without modifying it, but i definitely wasn't "clearing" the pump. I decided to make the notch so that I wasn't pushing on the pump so hard.

IMG_7235.jpeg

IMG_7238.jpeg

Last edited:
Installed the EE Offroad low profile rear bumper/skid. Took a little modification to account for clearing the AHC pump. But all in all not too bad a compromise. I'll probably paint it black someday, but ran out of daylight once i had it installed. Took one day to get it all fitted up and then a 2nd day to go back and fix all my mistakes and do the work to fit the pump.

View attachment 3567542View attachment 3567543

Here's the general gist of what I had to do to get the bracket to clear the AHC pump bracket. I had to cut the front third off the OEM bracket. I milled out about 3/8" of the new skid support on the top of the triangle to clear the pump motor, and then "fabricated" a little mount to catch the side of the OEM bracket that I cut off. I was able to mount the bumper support without modifying it, but i definitely wasn't "clearing" the pump. I decided to make the notch so that I wasn't pushing on the pump so hard.

View attachment 3567544
View attachment 3567553

Nicely done getting that to fit up. Blazing ground for LXs to confidently install. Looking good and I agree black will tie it in with the rest of your accessories nicely.

Mill? You have milling capability?! Tell me more :)

Nicely done getting that to fit up. Blazing ground for LXs to confidently install. Looking good and I agree black will tie it in with the rest of your accessories nicely.

Mill? You have milling capability?! Tell me more :)
Haha...using the term pretty loosely. Just used my table saw sled.

To all my driveway mechanic brethren. This was my first job utilizing all the stupidly priced packout toolboxes I bought myself for Christmas.

It definitely cut down on the number of 75 yard walks to my shed in the backyard. Also helping me with “a place for every tool”. Probably the thing I get most frustrated about with doing projects is not being able to find a tool I know I have.
IMG_7230.jpeg

View attachment 3567544
View attachment 3567553
Looks good! I have no regrets with mine

View attachment 3567544
View attachment 3567553
Looks great! The AHC fitment is the only thing that kept me from getting this. You're giving me the confidence to roll out the ol table saw. :)

Looks great! The AHC fitment is the only thing that kept me from getting this. You're giving me the confidence to roll out the ol table saw. :)
The OEM bracket (48970-60030) isn't that expensive. Sadly, it doesn't look like the Toyota dealers (with the 25% sales) stock it. And the Lexus dealers ($75) are more expensive than Partsouq ($30).

There's also the Slee AHC bracket ($49) they make to use with their rear bumper. I believe it could be adapted to work. The Slee main support bracket for the rear bumper replaces the AHC bracket and uses those threaded holes in the frame. Then Slee supplies the AHC bracket to attach to their support arm at 90 degrees from where the OEM AHC bracket attaches. The Slee rear support arm is further towards the rear than the EE Offroad support arm, so you would need to add a spacer between the EE Offroad support arm and the bracket. The spacer probably needs to space the bracket further back and up in relationship to how it's designed to fit on the Slee support arm. The AHC pump moves a pretty good bit, so nothing needs to be super precise.

In the end I went the free route...It feels very solid. The OEM bracket is stout, so cutting it didn't affect it's stiffness at all really. I was half tempted to just run it with the one bolt that was remaining, but in the end decided to take the time to tie it in to the rest of the parts.

To all my driveway mechanic brethren. This was my first job utilizing all the stupidly priced packout toolboxes I bought myself for Christmas.

It definitely cut down on the number of 75 yard walks to my shed in the backyard. Also helping me with “a place for every tool”. Probably the thing I get most frustrated about with doing projects is not being able to find a tool I know I have.
View attachment 3567604
Here’s my pack out solution.. I just bring it all with me! Nice brand of cordless BTW..

IMG_1394.jpeg

IMG_1393.jpeg

Swapping tires between the '15 200 and '07 FJ. I daily drive the 200, so the 35" mud tires just aren't as comfortable as the Cooper 34s. I was also really surprised to find that the km3 35s measured only 33.5" vs the coopers at 33" @ 38psi.

Also, if anyone is interested in the km3s (35x12.5r17), they were installed last May and have around 6-7k miles on them. I'd rather trade/sell them for another set of coopers or A/Ts, since I don't do any serious off roading. I'm in Fort Smith, AR.

IMG_3023.jpeg

IMG_3017.jpeg

IMG_3016.jpeg

Been using Bosch tools for years. Isn't that Bosch cordless vacuum awesome?
Yes! One of my favorite Bosch things., easy to clean.. great washable hepa filter.. sucks water out of pipes.. I even vacuum the sand out of the poodles after a beach run.

Oh nice. Yes It's very handy. I wish they had a bigger cordless catalog.
This is my biggest issue. I love the tools, but it's frustrating that I can't use my batteries in more stuff. In general Bosch has a pretty wide catalog, but a lot of it isn't available in USA. I considered doing their version of "Packout" but most of the cool stuff they do in that space isn't available in the USA. The fact that they don't have a modern cordless ratchet is crazy. Never mind not having any of the yard tools.

This is my biggest issue. I love the tools, but it's frustrating that I can't use my batteries in more stuff. In general Bosch has a pretty wide catalog, but a lot of it isn't available in USA. I considered doing their version of "Packout" but most of the cool stuff they do in that space isn't available in the USA. The fact that they don't have a modern cordless ratchet is crazy. Never mind not having any of the yard tools.
You ever consider trying to order the bare tool only via international sellers? This is assuming it takes the same battery and shipping wouldn't be horrendous.

You ever consider trying to order the bare tool only via international sellers? This is assuming it takes the same battery and shipping wouldn't be horrendous.
Yeah, that seems like diminishing returns. I just have Ryobi for my yard tools.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom