FJ60 Heater and Coolant Hose Reference (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I think I found a correct/similar hose for the oil cooler to thermostat hose Toyota 15777-601011 which is Gates 18937 or NAPA NBH 10937

I think I found a correct/similar hose for the oil cooler to thermostat hose Toyota 15777-601011 which is Gates 18937 or NAPA NBH 10937

That looks like it should work, but the OE hose is still available from Toyota, but of course, that Gates hose is half the price.

That looks like it should work, but the OE hose is still available from Toyota, but of course, that Gates hose is half the price.
Yea my problem is I need on ASAP and Toyota says it is several days to get one in.

@BamaHeel I’ve seen some trucks with a similar shape but non-OEM hose there - starting off at the thermostat housing and bending to the hard pipe that attaches to the valve cover. They’re thicker than OEM and interfere with the tensioner for the alternator. It will be interesting to see if that’s the Gates hose.

@BamaHeel I’ve seen some trucks with a similar shape but non-OEM hose there - starting off at the thermostat housing and bending to the hard pipe that attaches to the valve cover. They’re thicker than OEM and interfere with the tensioner for the alternator. It will be interesting to see if that’s the Gates hose.
All you have to do is trim about 1.5 inches off the part going to the oil cooler and no interference- fits great. Test fit I saw your concern

All you have to do is trim about 1.5 inches off the part going to the oil cooler and no interference- fits great. Test fit I saw your concern.
Good to know. Thanks for the report.

I went back through this list since I had some time over the Thanksgiving break and need to start replacing hoses. I also have an insane conglomerate of pipe clamps on my hoses, and some with none, so I tried to document clamp prices as well. All OEM hose prices are from toyota parts deal as it was the easiest way to find OEM availability. The crazy thing to me is that some prices have actually dropped. I also changed two part numbers for the upper and lower oil cooler hoses based on what I found (the original table had them as the same part) and the schematic. I may be incorrect, but this is just how I interpreted things. Now to buy hoses and start taking them off. I am sure there is an order of removal that makes access easier for others, but I plan to try to do as close to one at a time as possible so I don't get mixed up with a bunch of hoses torn out laying on the ground at once since I am new to this. Any corrections or thoughts on the best place to source these are welcomed.

1701017680258.png

Last edited:
@Catsfan20
Thanks for posting up.
I recently got all of the Gates brand hoses for this. If I recall some of the Gates hoses are no longer available and I had to substitute.
I will post up which ones after I find my receipt with notes
I only found gate options for the ones that don’t have oem. I may go back and look for some of the expensive oem ones just to see if I can save a few bucks since I’m sure there isn’t much difference. I’d say I’ll have something else go wrong way before I have a gates hose fail.

Great thread for the hoses for this newbie, thanks all. I am hunting for several hoses also, I appreciate the searching and work you have all done and shared with us.

So I was drinking the other night and ordering hoses for my 85 and I ended up with these two that I have no idea where they go or why I ordered the. Part numbers reference to an 85 but 🤷‍♂️

90916-01056
16571-61099

Any idea what these are for?

Edit: i think they are for a 40

IMG_3892.jpeg

Last edited:
@Catsfan20 how did your list work for you in updating the hoses and any changes you would make in reflection? i am doing the same process as you did a year ago right now and using your great table as a reference. For example, what did you end up doing for the hoses that have no current stocked part number for OEM, just use Gates?

Thanks everyone, from the very start of this thread to now, for posting what you found and part numbers, etc. Those charts with part numbers helped a ton as did the graphics. For anyone else finding this thread looking for hoses, here are places to search/call:

RockAuto.com
toyotapartsdeal.com
gates.com
toyodiy.com will have extended part numbers
parts.lakelandtoyota.com I ordered from Lakeland Toyota also
shop.cruiserparts.net

Good luck finding what you need.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom