FJ60 Heater and Coolant Hose Reference (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

FJ60 Heater Hoses on the Cheap

Thank you all for the great diagrams and part numbers. In an attempt to save some money, I ordered a mix of Gates Hoses from Rock Auto and OEM hoses from ToyotaPartsZone.com for my '85 FJ60. I discovered that many are "cut to fit" which left some trimmings that worked well for some of the short straight hoses. Here is a list of the ones I ordered. I already had the lower and upper radiator hoses, but I spent $130 (incl shipping) to get all of the other hoses. I also purchased 8 small hose clamps to replace some of the throwaway cotter pin clamps. I was able to reuse most of the other clamps.

Screen Shot 2013-12-23 at 8.06.55 PM.png

Screen Shot 2013-12-23 at 8.06.55 PM.png

I am looking for the two short hoses that come off the bottom of the blower motor under my passenger seat. They are short with a bend. I dont find them in any of the part pics I have found.....any idea? 83 FJ60

nevermind....I see them in the last pic....thanks!!!!

John, pretty sure those small hoses to the rear heater are NLA. There are a few threads around on generic replacements that people have found to work...

I need a little help verifying these two hoses as my rig is a bit different than all of the diagrams that I can locate.

Hose A. I'm pretty sure I can just use a standard 5/8's 90° for this one.
Hose B. Has two bends in it. I think it's 87265C. It appears to be NLA so looking for the Gates/Napa replacement.

thanks...

IMG_8229.jpg

is this the most up to date list of all coolant hoses neded? ty

so i just ordered
I need to replace my thermostat and front BVSV valve, and some of my hoses are original, so I decided to call Cruiserdan and order all the coolant and heater hoses for my FJ60. I couldn't find a thread with all these referenced, so here it is:

IMG_1395.jpg
So, i just ordered all the NLA hoses here.... can anyone tell me the best OEM clamps to use? Size ect? Thanks

Cityracer.com has a nice selection of OEM style clamps. Not sure on the sizes needed.

The 'Constant Tension' type are the best and inexpensive.

Ebay, Amzn, Clipsandfasteners.com etc ...

1621714604410.png

EDIT: I had a MUD member reach out to me because one of the GATES hoses in my table turned out to be the wrong size. I looked into it and maybe the Gates catalog is wrong. I had an OEM example of the hose (90916-01163) and I found another Gates hose I think will work. This Gates hose is listed for the same location but for vehicles without AC. I updated the table with the new information, below.

Thought I would update this thread with some more information. Toyota part numbers are for my May 1985 FJ60 with AC, Oil Cooler and Rear Heater. There are some part number variations throughout the model years. I found in the Gates Vintage Auto and Truck catalog that they have substitutes for several of the coolant/heater hoses for the FJ60; I included those part numbers in the table I posted earlier; Gates numbers listed are for 1985 model year. Gates doesn't list hoses for the oil cooler, but two of four are straight and one other is a slight bend (30 degrees is posted earlier)--I assumed a 45 degree bend would work for this one (90910-05115). Some of the Gates referenced parts may have to be cut to fit. I also checked Toyota Parts and Accessories - Official Online Store - https://parts.toyota.com/ for current MSRP and availability. For the Gates hoses I checked prices on www.rockauto.com. One of these was out of stock so I pulled a price from Jegs as noted.

Many of the hoses are still available from Toyota, but the MSRPs I found are considerably more expensive than the Gates. There was one hose that I could not find on Gates (15777-61011). It is still available from Toyota but it could also be fabricated from two elbows or maybe just a section of 5/8" straight hose.

I hope this information helps! Use at your own risk!!

1669852485742.png

1656519020811.png

1656519043824.png

1656519057540.png

1656519072597.png

Last edited:
🥃👍

@2mbb

Though it's the last place anyone looks, I cut 'n paste your chart into the FAQ thread so it will be easier to find, should one need it in the future.

Great reference!

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom