Builds Wyoming HE Build (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sorry @residualboulders. I need to start my own thread.

wPXjiiN.jpg

JO26CFu.jpg

OCnJTmh.jpg

wvlX6IC.jpg

YoA0T2K.jpg
Cool flares, where di you find those?

Silly little mod, but I've never loved the minivan feeling shifter knob in the 200. I ordered one of these from Tinkerer. Great quality product. Maybe not the best match to the interior style of the 200, but I like it for now. I will say the heavy cast aluminum piece was cold the other day when it was -12 out. Maybe that's why Toyota makes them of plastic and leather. I wonder what it's like in the summer months.

IMG_4275.jpg

Last edited:
Silly little mod, but I've never loved the minivan feeling shifter knob in the 200. I ordered one of these from Tinkerer. Great quality product. Maybe not the best match to the interior style of the 200, but I like it for now. I will say the heavy cast aluminum piece was cold the other day when it was -12 out. Maybe that's why Toyota makes them of plastic and leather. I wonder what it's like in the summer months.

View attachment 3534482
I have this same shifter, where did you find the “Land Cruiser” center piece? I had to trim down a patch to fit into mine but I now see he’s selling some options for that but I prefer how finished yours looks.

I have this same shifter, where did you find the “Land Cruiser” center piece? I had to trim down a patch to fit into mine but I now see he’s selling some options for that but I prefer how finished yours looks.
Hey @Artie, planning your next trip yet?

Kai sent me that center piece prototype to try out. It's held in place with Velro like the patches. I had planned to use the Toyota parts patch in the center, but the aluminum piece looks cleaner. He says he plans to make more center cap options in the aluminum so watch is website, should be available soon.

Hey @Artie, planning your next trip yet?

Kai sent me that center piece prototype to try out. It's held in place with Velro like the patches. I had planned to use the Toyota parts patch in the center, but the aluminum piece looks cleaner. He says he plans to make more center cap options in the aluminum so watch is website, should be available soon.
As a matter of fact, we are planning and prepping now. We held a board meeting with the kids with Idaho, Utah, and Colorado as destinations and consensus is splitting time between Utah and Colorado. Our time window was early in the summer like last year and seeing as how we encountered snow in Wyoming then anybody Idaho, Wyoming, and Montana trips will be taking place near the end of summer.

Thanks for the info on the shifter, I’ll be watching his site.

How’s your 40 series project going?

As a matter of fact, we are planning and prepping now. We held a board meeting with the kids with Idaho, Utah, and Colorado as destinations and consensus is splitting time between Utah and Colorado. Our time window was early in the summer like last year and seeing as how we encountered snow in Wyoming then anybody Idaho, Wyoming, and Montana trips will be taking place near the end of summer.

Thanks for the info on the shifter, I’ll be watching his site.

How’s your 40 series project going?
Sounds great. Yeah high mountains around here don't always have access until later in the summer. We're hoping to spend a few days in Canyonlands in a couple of months to get a break from the snow.

My 40 (1979) that was in my shop when you stopped by is running again - I still have some odds and ends I'm working on. Stacie wants me to leave the top off - which means it's not getting driven in the winter. I ended up buying a second 40 (1982) a couple of months ago. I did not need another project, but it was a good price, low miles and very original despite some rust issues. Decided I needed to rescue it. So yes, the one project was winding down, but it was replaced with another 😂

View attachment 3534482

I had a chunky aluminum shift knob in a car that lived outside with no tint. In the summer I had to put a glove over it, or if I forgot then I'd have to wear the glove for about 10min. It was also a pretty close ratio 6 speed so it was a lot more touching than you'd need to do

Preparatory to installing a midland radio, finally got my Gamiviti dash accessory panel mounted. Install was easy. It doesn't quite seat down as tight as before, but looks ok I guess. I didn't love the raw aluminum so painted it black to match the center stack. Unsure still, wonder if I should have done matte black.

IMG_4368.jpg

Installed the antenna on the rear Slee swing out. I tried it on the front bumper but Mrs didn't like it, and to be honest I like how it's more discreet in the rear. Alamosa antenna and mount bracket. We'll see how it goes in this location. One consideration is if it gets snagged on a tree it could flip back and hit my rear window. Might have to fabricate a stop to mount on the swing out ladder to prevent that from happening.

IMG_4383 (2).jpg

Using a Kaymar 200 Series Sahara camera relocate kit, I moved the rear camera to beneath my swingout basket. Fabricated my own bracket to mount it to. Tried positioning it right above the hitch, but didn't like the view. I don't tow with my 200 so more concerned about seeing behind me when backing up. This location felt like the best for my use. More details on this install here.

IMG_4382 (1).jpg

I was going to service the transfer case and diffs at home. Called the dealer to get pricing on the fluids Toyota recommends. It was within $50 of what they quoted me for that service so I decided to just have them do it - I was short on time to get it done anyway. Apparently they removed my Slee skids to do the work and forgot to put the factory tow hooks back on. I didn't realize it until I got home. Took me three weeks to finally hear back that they did indeed have them kicking around their shop. In the meantime I pulled the trigger on some Kaon hooks I'd been considering anyway. Never loved the factory hooks. Ordered the Kaon direct from Kaon in Australia and they arrived within a week. Appears to be a quality product.

IMG_4454.jpg

I was going to service the transfer case and diffs at home. Called the dealer to get pricing on the fluids Toyota recommends. It was within $50 of what they quoted me for that service so I decided to just have them do it - I was short on time to get it done anyway. Apparently they removed my Slee skids to do the work and forgot to put the factory tow hooks back on. I didn't realize it until I got home. Took me three weeks to finally hear back that they did indeed have them kicking around their shop. In the meantime I pulled the trigger on some Kaon hooks I'd been considering anyway. Never loved the factory hooks. Ordered the Kaon direct from Kaon in Australia and they arrived within a week. Appears to be a quality product.

View attachment 3558418
I love the Kaon hooks. Mine have been used extensively.

I just installed the Kaon shelf... really adds a lot of space.. which packing today for a trip is super useful, even if I am just using it for light weight stuff at present.

I also have the large Molle, but am waiting until the Kaymar camera kit arrives since I have to pull the left panel to install it (or at least how I think I am going to do it and see about some other space back there for other bits)..

I'll install the large kaon molle when It goes back together...

I just installed the Kaon shelf... really adds a lot of space.. which packing today for a trip is super useful, even if I am just using it for light weight stuff at present.

I also have the large Molle, but am waiting until the Kaymar camera kit arrives since I have to pull the left panel to install it (or at least how I think I am going to do it and see about some other space back there for other bits)..

I'll install the large kaon molle when It goes back together...
Great, let me know how that install goes. Not much space at all behind that panel in the back. I was hoping to put my midland radio back there and I probably could have shoe horned it in somewhere, but decided not to mess with it.

Last edited:

View attachment 3558418
I second that opinion on the Kaon hooks. They seem to be overlooked by most folks, however I believe they are the highest quality offering in the market.

Those hooks are nice.

Question though, do you need to access the nut behind those bolts? Oe is it a welded nut or threaded support it goes in to?

Would be nice if it as simple as removing bolt and replacing with Kaon and then insert the new bolts, no need to deal with a securing nut.

thx

Those hooks are nice.

Question though, do you need to access the nut behind those bolts? Oe is it a welded nut or threaded support it goes in to?

Would be nice if it as simple as removing bolt and replacing with Kaon and then insert the new bolts, no need to deal with a securing nut.

thx
Welded Nut

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom