What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (69 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Spread a transfer case all over my buddy’s garage.

IMG_5512.jpeg

How hard is the install? I feel like I read something about backlash and how it needed to be check and rechecked and it sounded somewhat tricky.

It's a pretty big job, not gonna lie. And expensive, you don't want to F it up.
There's no backlash to fuss with when it comes to transfer case gears.

Afternoon fellow Mud H8ers,
I did a front headlight and fog light swap with aftermarket lights a while back. I like the look and the performance of the new lights so the old ones are just sitting. I am willing to give them away… for freeeeeeeee….. to a lucky LC100 owner. I am willing to ship them to you, but you gotta pay the shipping.

Let me know If anyone is interested. I need them gone from my garage…

Afternoon fellow Mud H8ers,
I did a front headlight and fog light swap with aftermarket lights a while back. I like the look and the performance of the new lights so the old ones are just sitting. I am willing to give them away… for freeeeeeeee….. to a lucky LC100 owner. I am willing to ship them to you, but you gotta pay the shipping.

Let me know If anyone is interested. I need them gone from my garage…
Those old headlight assemblies are valuable, real glass. you may wanna hold on to them until you know you're satisfied longer term with the new solution.

Installed new OEM front LCA's, UCA's and 865 rear springs yesterday. The #2 LCA bushing in the frame was actually pretty easy with a torch and a puller kit.

This afternoon however, I was greeted with the ABS and VSC warning lights and a constant beep sound (pulled C1223 and C1251). The timing of this is pretty strange, so I'm hoping it's somehow related to the suspension work I did and not the brake master cylinder. Maybe something with the wheel sensors?

Installed new OEM front LCA's, UCA's and 865 rear springs yesterday. The #2 LCA bushing in the frame was actually pretty easy with a torch and a puller kit.

This afternoon however, I was greeted with the ABS and VSC warning lights and a constant beep sound (pulled C1223 and C1251). The timing of this is pretty strange, so I'm hoping it's somehow related to the suspension work I did and not the brake master cylinder. Maybe something with the wheel sensors?
Could have pulled the wheel sensor cable too tight and broken it when you had the control arms removed.

I’ve been looking at cameras for the front. I’m tired of coming up over ridges and not being able to see where the trail goes or if it even continues. I’m still on a wrangler site and saw this and it looks great. The guy Ted that wrote the post I’ve been in contact with for a few years. He wheels all over the country and I trust what he says.
So I bought it yesterday for my LX470
I’ll post up my thoughts after I get it installed.

@100d ua

What did you do to get it removed? I do have a 99er built and same as you with grommet style.
Looked at mine today, it looks flimsy…it‘s not totally fixed…so let’s have a look and replace it but HOW DO I GET THIS THING OUT?
Would be great if you would share your experience and advice.
THANK YOU
Sorry for the late response, honestly just watched this video and tried to replicate the results, AKA, get it out in one piece.

SPOILER: I failed. The grommet fell apart into 4-5 pieces before I was able to really finally get it out after the main large piece fell in. Don't worry though, it doesn't go far and you can fish it out with some needle nose pliers.

Ironically was talking about this yesterday on the trail as mine are completely destroyed but I refused to pay a ton of money to replace them. But for $43? I'm down for that and just ordered a set. Thanks for sharing!
In my build thread I have the link to the seller that got it right...two previous sellers sent the wrong (same wrong) parts from China. The sellers that messed it up (but refunded me and didn't require that I return the item) were auto_decor and weisen5, the one who got it right was

but they are currently out of stock...hopefully your's will be correct the first time.

Last edited:
In my build thread I have the link to the seller that got it right...two previous sellers sent the wrong (same wrong) parts from China. The sellers that messed it up (but refunded me and didn't require that I return the item) were auto_decor and weisen5, the one who got it right was

but they are currently out of stock...hopefully your will be correct the first time.
I went with these ones:

Hopefully it works out but i'm also fully prepared for a letdown lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom